Director, Property Management System Product
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Number 22178402Job Category Information TechnologyLocation
Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda,
Maryland, United StatesSchedule Full-TimeLocated Remotely?
YRelocation? NPosition Type ManagementJOB SUMMARY:The Director,
Property Management Systems Product is responsible for the
development and integration of the PMS as part of the Marriott
Growth Platform (MGP) program. The Director, PMS Product manages
functional and cross-functional development initiatives that
require coordination across business discipline and Corporate IT as
well the Asia Continent IT organization to deliver integration and
product readiness against the multi-year MGP roadmap.Defines and
facilitates the next generation PMS while focusing on solutions
that serve business and guest needs leveraging current and
leading-edge technologies in an innovative and impactful manner. Is
the product evangelist and subject matter expert and serves as the
Point of Contact for timely updates to internal and, where
applicable, external customers. The person in this role will
partner with other PMS & Digital Product Leads, the wider MGP team,
other technology and business partners and the 3 rd party vendor to
ensure a frictionless PMS experience across products, markets, and
languages.CANDIDATE PROFILEEducation and ExperienceRequired:
- 4-year degree from an accredited university, preferably in a
technology and business discipline
- 10+ years in technology, product management and/or business
consulting, demonstrating progressive careergrowth and patterns of
- Deep Knowledge of Property Management Systems
- Understands and able to discuss technology concepts and build
consensus by translating between technicaland non-technical
- Ensure Incident and problem management are handled and KPIs are
published and reviewed with stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Roadmap strategy and definition experience
- Demonstrated ability to assess end user/customer needs,
creatively approach solutions, and decide andinfluence appropriate
course of action.
- Experience and success in implementing new business
applications with complex technology integration andbusiness
process change on time, on budget, and with high client
- Direct management of cross functional, sourced and matrixed
- Experience working directly with Architects and Engineers on
- Experience evaluating trade-offs and leading exploration of new
opportunities with technical team members.
- Direct management of complex budgets in excess of $5M in direct
and indirect costs.
- Experience building business cases to drive investment and
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to
manage multiple high-complexity efforts andcompeting
- Robust analytical skills, including the ability to analyze
data, draw conclusions, develop recommendations andreport out.
- Ability to work through ambiguous and open-ended business
requirements and priorities and translate thesame into a clear
roadmap and definition of success
- Ability to establish clear communication and storytelling via
presentations, key performance metrics, reportsand data.
- Strong interpersonal skills including team player that works
well with counterparts from various
- functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work
of counterparts without direct reportingaccountability.CORE WORK
- Understand how our business and technology needs are evolving
and provide insights and recommendationsas you partner with key
stakeholders to identify short-term solves, bridge strategies, and
long-term visions forassigned product(s).
- Gather and detail product requirements from stakeholders across
the organization to inform roadmap items;evaluate technical
complexity of requirements in order to appropriately prioritize
work and manageexpectations cross-functionally.
- Develop and lead the technology roadmap and backlog to
implement specific product capabilities, ensuringcritical
requirements are identified, the best solutions for the end user
are delivered every time, and alignmentwith broader group and
- Partner with Infrastructure Delivery, Enterprise Architecture &
Shared Platforms, and Security to effectivelyprioritize
infrastructure updates, bug fixes/defects, and technical
debt/refactoring in your product backlog.
- Advocate for the end user by developing a deep understanding of
their needs through feedback and research.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to drive value
and develop customer friendly features andenhancements.
- Provide direction for the technology development, including
cost estimation, budget management, scope anddelivery strategy
definition, and establish milestones/schedules.
- Work with Sr. Business Analysts to guide them in writing user
stories and acceptance test criteria for featuresand detailed
functional & nonfunctional requirements for the engineering
- Partner with solution architects and software engineers to
determine best technical implementation methodsas well as a
reasonable implementation schedule.
- Plan delivery, integration & test, and post-launch support for
all the elements required in product delivery andoperation working
with applicable teams.
- Owns the quality and overall product performance, leading user
testing and establishing KPI monitoring withQA partners.
- Manage project/scrum teams based upon roadmap(s). Meet
regularly with the team(s) to gather workstatuses, discuss
obstacles, provide advice, guidance, encouragement, and
constructive feedback to ensuredeliverables are met timely.
- Collaborate across teams, and creatively solve problems to
constructively balance priorities and overcome orremove blockers
required to successfully deliver a new product or feature.
- Maintains the right level of demand management and capacity
planning for the product as the owner of itsKPIs inclusive of
business and financial metrics and performance.
- Maintains high performance levels by attracting, developing and
retaining talent, managing performance,building career paths, and
aligning performance and rewards to company goals.
- Contribute to end user support artifacts/information/collateral
development including feature/capabilitydescriptions, end user
business value stories, etc.
- Actively drives adoption of Technology operating model
- Champion excellence in business ethics and integrity, social
responsibility, cross-cultural effectiveness, andassociate
engagement.Managing the Day-To-Day ArchitectureBuilding Successful
- Collaborates with project managers and business unit leaders
for all projects
- Acts as a leader and advocate of architecture processes and
standards, including coaching, training, and career development to
- Liaises with vendors and Service Providers to select the
products or services that best meet company goals.
- Works closely with Continent to ensure local requirements are
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.Marriott International is
the worlds largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and
more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a
great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask,
where will your journey take you?
Keywords: Marriott, Denver , Director, Property Management System Product, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!