District Manager - Colorado
Company: Boot Barn
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Overview: *This role will support the state of CO and will
ideally be based out of the Denver Metro Market.*
The District Manager is principally responsible for building,
maintaining and institutionalizing an environment that supports the
Boot Barn mission, demonstrating the highest level of leadership in
support of exemplary customer service, manager
development/engagement, merchandising standards and store
operations. Our district managers are business drivers whose key
role is to lead a team of stores who exceed sales goals and delight
customers by leading and owning all customer facing and operational
elements within their store. The District Manager will partner
their Regional Director, Regional Human Resources, and Store
Support Center Partners in pursuit of year-over-year increases and
a best in class internal/external customer experience, ensuring
consistent profitability of the business through optimized
staffing, shrink awareness/performance and expense management.
Responsibilities: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Achieve/Exceed district budgeted sales plan.
* Lead district team to foster a service and selling culture,
exceed customer expectations and build consumer relationships that
will be enduring.
* Partner with store leadership teams to plan and execute
successful volume driving events that involve outreach to the local
community/market. (Ex. CA's, events, etc.).
* Develop the skills of leadership teams to ensure customers
receive the highest level of service through creating an engaging
customer centric selling and service environment, accurate product
knowledge, maintain SSC merchandising standards, and all other
components of customer service.
* Identify/analyze/react to changing business trends w/in each
market to meet or exceed key metrics and sales goals.
* Build partnerships w/ SSC partners to identify ways to accelerate
sales w/in your district.
* Observe and coach team on building customer engagement and
expansion of our rewards program, explain the benefits of the
program and how to increase participation with each customer
* Develop people strategy for district to include hiring,
succession planning, development plans and annual reviews.
Identify, select and retain top notch talent. Maintain turnover at
or below turnover goal.
* Hold leadership teams accountable for achieving sales goals and
key metrics in addition to operationally sound stores; through
frequent recognition of excellence and frequent discussions where
goals are not being met.
* Recognize performance of top talent and build a bench of future
leaders, committing to ongoing development of leadership team
members to meet various career goals within the company.
* Partner w/ SM to ensure adequate staffing to meet the changing
business needs and payroll expenses.
* Ensure stores are staffed w/ teams that are a reflection of the
store's community demographics.
* Reviews store schedules to ensure there is appropriate coverage
to drive sales during peak times and ensure a consistent fun and
meaningful customer experience
* Understands and leads teams to execute product strategies - to
include merchandise presentations, promotions and signage.
* Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise
adjacencies and presentations, signing and assortments to meet the
needs of the customer along with adhering to all Company visual
* Understand/utilize company reporting to build department
categories throughout district. Ensure SM's have a clear
understanding of reporting.
* Partner w/ SSC team to react to merchandise needs.
* Prioritize store visits based on the needs of the business;
exercising flexibility with schedule in reacting to the needs of
the business. Summarize and communicate visits via a District
Manager Visit Guide.
* Adhere to all company deadlines given by SSC and/or Regional
* Demonstrate high degree of professionalism in communication,
attitude and teamwork with customers, team members and vendors
* Demonstrate high level of quality of work, attendance and
* Work a variety of shifts to meet the business needs including
nights, weekends and holidays
* Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when
* Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures and Safety
* Adhere to local, state and federal employment laws
* Travel up to 80% of scheduled shifts
* Any additional responsibilities assigned by Regional Director or
Base Pay: $95k+; generous bonus
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Associates Degree, and/or 3 to 5 years' experience in retail
store management. Experience managing directs reports and leading
teams in a selling environment.
* Demonstrated strong leadership and communication skills
* Well-developed business acumen including the ability to
thoroughly understand all aspects of the business
* Expert ability and experience in surfacing and analyzing
opportunities and risk with the ability to develop and implement
follow through plans
* Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability
to manage multiple priorities
* Customer Centric / Sales Driven - Assesses customer experience
within the store and promotes a culture of customer engagement.
* Focuses on the big picture from a metric perspective - achieving
the sales and expense goals established in the overall company
* Measures results and key metrics that drive to the overall
* Meet Customer Needs - Identifies customer trends, expectations,
* Ensures that feedback from customers is leveraged to identify
* Ensures follow-up with customers to confirm problems are
* Continually searches for ways to improve customer service
(including the removal of barriers, and providing solutions).
* Ensure Effective Communication - Listens carefully and
attentively to others' opinions and ideas.
* Communicates information clearly, concisely, and professionally.
Tailors communication style and content to the audience.
Proactively shares timely updates and information with relevant
* Establish Trust - Follows through on commitments. Is honest and
direct in dealing with people.
* Promotes a culture of respect for, commitment to, and compliance
with Company values, beliefs, and standards.
* Ensures the protection of confidential information.
* Make Informed Judgments - Makes sound business decisions based on
insight and analysis. Chooses the best alternative based on
consideration of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing, and available
* Makes decisions that contribute to company performance.
* Makes timely decisions regarding problems/issues requiring
* Plan And Manage Execution - Develops realistic plans (e.g.,
action steps, timelines) to accomplish objectives. Prioritizes and
balances time, actions, resources, and initiatives to ensure
achievement of critical goals. Holds him/herself and team
accountable for outcomes (e.g., achieving goals and complying with
policies and procedures). Anticipates and removes obstacles,
redirecting efforts to accelerate the work or improve quality.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the
essential functions of the job
* Standing or walking for 75% of scheduled shifts
* Bending, stooping, kneeling and squatting occasionally throughout
* Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds
* Ability to use a ladder and/or step stool occasionally
* Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all
documentation and reports
* Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with
employees, SSC partners, customers and vendors
* Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
* Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and
type; reach with hands and arms
This position works largely with the store teams and Regional
Director. This position has interactions with the Store Support
Center, specifically, Human Resources, Merchandising, Retail
Inventory Control, and Visual Merchandising.
_Boot Barn, Inc. reserves the right to make exceptions to, modify
or eliminate this document or its content. This document supersedes
all previous policies, procedures or guidelines pertaining to this
Location: 8500 E Orchard Rd, Englewood, CO 80111
Location: 8500 E Orchard Rd, Englewood, CO 80111
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year%58047475%
Keywords: Boot Barn, Denver , District Manager - Colorado, Executive , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!