Dining Services - Manager in Training
Company: Healthcare Services Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Dining Services - Manager in Training
Requisition ID: 2022-443724
Shift: 1st Shift/Day Shift
Who We Are
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) is an experienced partner managing
housekeeping, laundry, dining, and nutritional services within the
healthcare market. For over 45 years, we have provided essential
services to thousands of healthcare communities across the country.
As one of America's Most Trustworthy Companies, we have been
recognized for treating our customers and employees fairly and
pursuing excellence via an ever-evolving and expanding focus on
training and the development of team members at every level.
Our Company Purpose & Values
Our Purpose is Fostering Fulfillment In Communities.
Our Values, Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Passion &
Perseverance (aka Grit) influence our decisions and the actions
that follow in and out of the workplace.
Who You Are
You are driven, ambitious, have a personal calling for serving
people, and desire to positively impact your community. You enjoy
collaborating with others, aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves,
and go beyond to get the job done. You have a passion and desire to
deliver the highest customer and resident experience every day.
What We Offer
HCSG offers a comprehensive array of benefits to support our
associates and their family's health and well-being. Our goal is to
promote welfare and health and enhance our associates' and their
families' overall quality of life.
- Benefits - FREE Telemedicine and Prescription Discount Program
along with an array of medical, dental, vision, and other
supplemental health plans.
- Training - We take the development and education of our
associates very seriously. Our promotions-from-within philosophy
opens the door to a stimulating and robust career with HCSG!
- Employee Assistance Programs - FREE access for employees and
their families for health, financial, and family services to
support our employees' welfare and mental and physical health.
- Employee Recognition Programs - We strive to recognize
employees who live out our Company Purpose and are committed to
#GoingBeyond for our Client, Resident, and Employee
- Going Beyond Assistance Fund - A 501(c)(3) nonprofit formed by
HCSG to serve as a charitable employer-sponsored disaster relief
organization to provide emergency, hardship, and disaster
assistance, to HCSG employees and their dependents or family
- Paid - Holidays and Vacation for eligible employees.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - Investment opportunity available
to all eligible employees after two years of service.
- Nationwide Opportunities - Transfers are available Nationwide -
great for active Military and Family!
Keeping You Safe
- The safety and health of our employees and that of the resident
communities that we serve are our Company's most significant
- Personal Protective Equipment - All employees will be provided
and required to wear appropriate PPE for all functions.
- COVID-19 Vaccination - Employees will be required to comply
with all policies, as required by State, Local, and/or our
At HCSG, you will find an environment that is fulfilling,
collaborative, committed, stimulating, and structured to help you
succeed in serving our communities. We offer engaging opportunities
for every phase of one's career. HCSG is committed to providing
growth and leadership opportunities to see you succeed!
Our exciting Manager-In-Training (MIT) program gives you the
opportunity to learn and grow at an established company with over
45 years of experience. As our newest associate, you'll experience
a custom interactive program that will guide you through hands-on
and computer-based training, lasting approximately twelve (12)
weeks. The program focuses on different aspects of managing your
own account, including:
- General Training & Comprehension - Learn and perform the job
assignments of the dietary aide, cook, and dishwasher positions
and, as such, can operate, and teach others how to operate, a
variety of industrial kitchen equipment.
- Leadership Development - Lead small groups of line staff in
food preparation, serving, and clean-up activities on varying
shifts as needed.
- Policies & Procedures - Learn to provide leadership, support
and guidance to ensure that food quality standards, inventory
levels, food safety guidelines and customer service expectations
are met, including following facility menus, current applicable
federal, state, and local standards, in line with our established
policies and procedures to ensure that quality dining services are
provided at all times.
- Reporting - Train in maintaining records of income and
expenditures, food, supplies, personnel, and equipment in report
format to be delivered to HCSG and Facility management.
- Training - Learning to be responsible for all training, quality
control and in-servicing staff to meet HCSG standards is an
essential part of the Manager's responsibility and includes touring
the kitchen several times per day to assess work quality using QCIs
for documentation purposes. Must also be able to perform the
essential job functions of dietary aide, cook, and dishwasher
positions to train and assist when there are call-outs.
- Leadership - Learn to effectively handle managerial
responsibilities as well, including but not limited to payroll
submission, staffing patterns, effective coaching and discipline,
purchasing, maintaining inventory, and budgeting.
- Communication - Effectively communicate all directives from
client managers, building occupants, and administrators to HCSG
- Safety - Utilize protective gear in all appropriate functions.
Responsible for the safe and proper mixing and use of cleaning
solutions while adhering to all safety precautions. Reporting
equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor
in a timely fashion. Ensure the established standards, safety, and
quality guidelines are met. Follow infection control and universal
precautions policies and procedures to ensure that a sanitary
environment is achieved at all times. Follow proper reporting,
isolation, and handwashing procedures/techniques.
- Punctuality - Consistent attendance and punctual arrival.
Timely completion of assigned cleaning area according to schedule.
Respond to the paging system in a timely and appropriate
- Customer Experience - Positively represents HCSG by following
instructions, being courteous, and cooperative with supervisor,
co-workers, and client staff.
- Resident Experience - Positive, pleasant, and tactful
interactions with residents, staff, and facility guests.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude with the ability to follow oral
and written instructions, and perform routine, repetitive tasks
- After completing all appropriate training, utilize leadership
skills to accomplish all responsibilities without supervision and
do so without injury to oneself or other individuals.
- An associate's degree or higher in food service management or
hospitality, course study including food service or restaurant
management from an accredited institution of higher learning is
- Specialized training in foodservice management and nutrition is
- Certified Dietary Manager or Certified Food Service Manager
designation is required in accordance with CMS and/or State/County
- Two years of experience in quantity food production/service,
dining/nutrition, and personnel supervision experience are
- Basic computer skills with the ability to maintain records and
complete reports as required, including web-based reporting.
- May be required to complete an approved sanitation and safety
- ??ServSafe: Current ServSafe certification is required by State
/ County law. The time of publication of the job description
requires ServSafe Food Handler Certification in the following
States: CA, FL, IL, OR, TX, UT, and WA. County requirements are in
effect in the following States at publication: AL, AZ, KS, MO, MT,
NE, NJ, NM, MV, NY, OK, VA and WV.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English to communicate
effectively with others.
- Must be able to be at work as scheduled and on time.
- Compliance with COVID-19 Vaccination Policies, as required by
State, Local, and/or Customers.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a
maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended
- Must be able to perform routine, repetitive tasks
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in the service area.
$18.00 to $28.00 per hour is the range for compensation for the
position of Dining Services-Manager in Training. Offered hourly
rates for this position are determined based on applicant
qualifications, experience, education, and the specific needs,
aspects, operational considerations, and requirements of the
HCSG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages employees
to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work for a
culturally inclusive team. We offer equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics,
ethnicity, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, political opinions or affiliations, veteran status,
or other legally protected classes. HCSG also complies with
applicable state and local laws and federal law requirements that
govern nondiscrimination in every location where we operate.
Keywords: Healthcare Services Group, Inc., Denver , Dining Services - Manager in Training, Executive , Monument, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!