Environmental Services Department Manager
Company: Healthcare Services Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Environmental Services Department Manager
Requisition ID: 2022-435026
Shift: 1st Shift/Day Shift
Who We Are
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) is an experienced partner managing
housekeeping, laundry, dining, and nutritional services within the
healthcare market. For over 45 years, we have provided essential
services to thousands of healthcare communities across the country.
As one of America's Most Trustworthy Companies, we have been
recognized for treating our customers and employees fairly and
pursuing excellence via an ever-evolving and expanding focus on
training and the development of team members at every level.
Our Company Purpose & Values
Our Purpose is Fostering Fulfillment In Communities.
Our Values, Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Passion &
Perseverance (aka Grit) influence our decisions and the actions
that follow in and out of the workplace.
Who You Are
You are driven, ambitious, have a personal calling for serving
people, and desire to positively impact your community. You enjoy
collaborating with others, aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves,
and go beyond to get the job done. You have a passion and desire to
deliver the highest customer and resident experience every day.
What We Offer
HCSG offers a comprehensive array of benefits to support our
associates and their family's health and well-being. Our goal is to
promote welfare and health and enhance our associates' and their
families' overall quality of life.
- Benefits - FREE Telemedicine and Prescription Discount Program
along with an array of medical, dental, vision, and other
supplemental health plans.
- Training - We take the development and education of our
associates very seriously. Our promotions-from-within philosophy
opens the door to a stimulating and robust career with HCSG!
- Employee Assistance Programs - FREE access for employees and
their families for health, financial, and family services to
support our employees' welfare and mental and physical health.
- Employee Recognition Programs - We strive to recognize
employees who live out our Company Purpose and are committed to
#GoingBeyond for our Client, Resident, and Employee
- Going Beyond Assistance Fund - A 501(c)(3) nonprofit formed by
HCSG to serve as a charitable employer-sponsored disaster relief
organization to provide emergency, hardship, and disaster
assistance, to HCSG employees and their dependents or family
- Paid - Holidays and Vacation for eligible employees.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - Investment opportunity available
to all eligible employees after two years of service.
- Nationwide Opportunities - Transfers are available Nationwide -
great for active Military and Family!
Keeping You Safe
- The safety and health of our employees and that of the resident
communities that we serve are our Company's most significant
- Personal Protective Equipment - All employees will be provided
and required to wear appropriate PPE for all functions.
- COVID-19 Vaccination - Employees will be required to comply
with all policies, as required by State, Local, and/or our
At HCSG, you will find an environment that is fulfilling,
collaborative, committed, stimulating, and structured to help you
succeed in serving our communities. We offer engaging opportunities
for every phase of your career. HCSG is committed to providing
growth and leadership opportunities to see you succeed!
- Department Manager - Manage and supervise the housekeeping,
laundry, and floor care staff; at a single site according to
policies and procedures and federal/state requirements. Responsible
for performing and leading teams to complete light housekeeper,
heavy housekeeper, and laundry aide duties on varying shifts.
- Training & Development - Leads staff training, quality control,
and in-servicing. Coordinates and ensures the satisfactory and
timely completion of project and program work done in the building
on varying shifts. Tour the building several times per day to
assess work quality using QCIs for documentation purposes.
- Reporting - Maintain income and expenditures, supplies,
personnel, and equipment records.
- Communication - Acts as liaison between building occupants or
administrators and HCSG staff. Communicates effectively with all
directives from managers, building occupants, and administrators to
- Safety - Utilize protective gear in all appropriate functions.
Responsible for assisting in the training of safe and proper mixing
and use of cleaning solutions while adhering to all safety
precautions. Reporting equipment/cleaning product needs and or
malfunctions to supervisor in a timely fashion. Ensure the
established standards, safety, and quality guidelines are met.
Follow infection control and universal precautions policies and
procedures to ensure that a sanitary environment is achieved at all
times. Follow proper reporting, isolation, and handwashing
procedures/techniques. Assist in implementing training, quality
control procedures, and in-servicing of housekeeping staff.
- Punctuality - Consistent attendance and punctual arrival.
Timely completion of assigned cleaning area according to schedule.
Respond to the paging system in a timely and appropriate
- Customer Experience - Positively represents HCSG by following
instructions, being courteous, and cooperative with supervisors,
co-workers, and client staff.
- Resident Experience - Positive, pleasant, and tactful
interactions with residents, staff, and facility guests.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude with the ability to follow oral
and written instructions, and perform routine, repetitive tasks
- After completing all appropriate training, utilize leadership
skills to accomplish all responsibilities without supervision and
do so without injury to oneself or other individuals.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Two years' experience in Environmental Services in a healthcare
environment and personnel supervision is desired.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English to communicate
effectively with others.
- Must be able to be at work as scheduled and on time.
- Compliance with COVID-19 Vaccination Policies, as required by
State, Local, and/or Customers.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a
maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended
- Must be able to perform routine, repetitive tasks
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in the service area.
$16.00 to $22.00 per hour is the range for compensation for the
position of Environmental Services Department Manager. Offered
hourly rates for this position are determined based on applicant
qualifications, experience, education, and the specific needs,
aspects, operational considerations, and requirements of the
HCSG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages employees
to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work for a
culturally inclusive team. We offer equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics,
ethnicity, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, political opinions or affiliations, veteran status,
or other legally protected classes. HCSG also complies with
applicable state and local laws and federal law requirements that
govern nondiscrimination in every location where we operate.
Keywords: Healthcare Services Group, Inc., Denver , Environmental Services Department Manager, Executive , Morrison, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!