Category Manager/Trade Specialist
Company: Niman Ranch
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Category Management/Trade Specialist is an internal sales
support position that reports to the Vice President of Sales. The
position will be focused on customer specific trade/pricing
programming, utilizing syndicated category data and consumer
industry trends and assisting in identification of customer targets
and voids in current distribution. The position will have regular
interacting with marketing, finance, operations and foremost the
sales team in a business development role. Experience in meat /CPG
industry is a plus and syndicated data knowledge required.
- With the VP of Sales and the sales team, you will provide input
and take direction in developing the customer specific trade
programs that are aligned to established net revenue and margin
- Deliver customer specific sales presentations to the sales team
with the customer specific trade programs and fact-based category
insights for targeted new distribution at current partners and/or
customers along with prospective accounts.
- Responsible for delivering scheduled and ad-hoc sales reporting
needs as deemed by the sales leadership team.
- Works with VP Sales, marketing and operations to provide
category insights for product development process.
- Works with marketing to provide reporting to measure results of
account specific marketing initiatives.
- Ensure the communication of marketing support and brand
initiatives are incorporated throughout the sales materials and
- Continuously improves skills by participating in training
classes and seminars as deemed necessary in the developmental plan.
These training opportunities will be a combination of both internal
Perdue Corporate leadership and development programs accompanied by
select external opportunities.Position Requirements:
- Related Bachelor's degree and at least two years of successful
CPG Sales experience in Category Management/Insights/Strategy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of category management practices and
tools, including SPINS, IRI and/or Nielsen POS and Panel data,
Kantar/Mintel and shopper card data.
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated analytical capability.
- Ability to work successfully and efficiently in conditions
which include multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Ability to leverage multiple data sources, identify key
opportunities and create action-oriented recommendations and
- Experience providing industry, consumer and customer trends to
develop strategies and action plans.
Keywords: Niman Ranch, Denver , Category Manager/Trade Specialist, Executive , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!