Group Sales Manager
Company: Stonebridge Companies
Posted on: May 16, 2022
$1,500 Sign On Bonus!
The Slate Denver, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, was built in the
landmark building that formerly housed the Emily Griffith
Opportunity School. Located just steps from the Colorado Convention
Center in the heart of downtown Denver, The Slate's vibrant
destination is the cornerstone of Denver's newest and most
intriguing gathering spot. This modern yet nostalgic property
offers modern accommodations, fresh restaurant concept and unique
meeting space. Come join our team and be a part of history!
Wage Range $60K-$65K/Annually
The GROUP SALES MANAGER will generate group business in designated
market segment and maximize revenue profitability using proactive
sales activities in accordance with established hotel brand
standards.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prospect for new business through solicitation, networking,
- Improve hotel visibility by conducting outside sales
calls/blitzes, attending trade shows and market segment related
- Design and deliver marketing promotions and campaigns involving
direct mail, social media, ads, etc.
- Meet or exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual
targeted sales goals and profit margins
- Maintain an active list of accounts to ensure continuous
- Develop and execute monthly focused and aggressive action
- Communicate with internal business partners on upcoming group
needs, VIP clients, meeting functions.
- Maintain and secure repeat business through client satisfaction
- Maintain knowledge of industry and trends in market,
particularly amongst competitor set.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties of the
position.DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGETo perform
the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the
following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be
required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
required.Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
- Associate follows corporate and hotel brand standards.
- Willing to take an unpopular stand if necessary when complying
- Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures,
promoting a safe work environment.Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when
- Identifies areas that would improve the operation and generates
- Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions,
consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer
he/she comes across.Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow
- Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.Associate
demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works
independently.Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY
- Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other
functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work
responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
- Manages assignments and responsibilities without becoming
- Strives to increase productivity.Associate demonstrates
effective PROBLEM SOLVING
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using
intuition and experience to complement data.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.Associate
demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural
differences.Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN
- Practices attentive and active listening with all
- Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to
improve the company.Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by
anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.EDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:Minimum of4 years of progressively
responsible management experience inGroup Sales within a 200+ room
full-service hotel; OR 4 year degree from an accredited university
in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business
Administration, or related major and5 years of experience in Sales
within a 200+ room full-service hotel or related professional
area.LANGUAGE ABILITYAbility to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write
simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information
in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and
other employees of the organization.MATH ABILITYAbility to add,
subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate,
ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.REASONING
ABILITYAbility to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
standardized situations.COMPUTER SKILLSAbility to interpret and
perform basic computer functions. Experience with SalesPro and
Hilton OnQ is preferred.WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment
normally entails the following:* Indoor work environment* Exposure
to cleaning chemicals throughout the day* Minimal to moderate noise
levels consistent with hotel environmentPHYSICAL DEMANDSDuring the
course of performing the physical demands of this position,
associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and
security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.The physical
activity normally entails the following attributes.* Walk more than
1/3 of the time* Sit more than 2/3 of the time* Use hands to
finger, handle, or feel 10% percentage of time* Reach with hands
and arms 25 % of time* Talk or hear 75% of time* Lift up to 10
lbs.* Push / pull up to 10 lbs.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or
applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation,
veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all
aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including
recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training,
promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled
associates.Resumes and applications for employment will be
evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements
of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the
Keywords: Stonebridge Companies, Denver , Group Sales Manager, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!