Associate Brand Manager - Marketing
Company: Champion Petfoods
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Seize this rare career opportunity to join the hottest industry
in CPG and help pets thrive every day. In 2021, Total Pet Food
sales topped 29 billion dollars- growing 14% from the previous
year. At Champion Petfoods, the makers of ORIJEN and ACANA, we are
poised for success as a global leader in premium pet nutrition. We
are looking for an Associate Brand Manager to join the marketing
team of our rapidly growing company, this role will be based in
Boulder, CO! If you are passionate about pets and desiring
professional growth, come contribute to our continued success. We
would love to hear from you. Summary This Associate Brand Manager
role will support the Dog Brand Team. This role will lead and
manage our growing Freeze-Dried Food and Treats segments while
leading other business analysis and marketing initiatives to
support the Kibble and Wet businesses. We are looking for an
energetic problem solver who can work across multiple teams and
workstreams. This newly created role represents an excellent
opportunity to refine skills in brand management, base business
management, packaging, marketing, media planning, creative
production, communications, and new product development. Reporting
to the Brand Manager-Dog, this position will be based out of our
corporate head office in Boulder, CO on a hybrid work program.
- Lead the brand strategy, operational management, and business
development of ACANA and ORIJEN Freeze Dried Food and Treats in the
- Deliver monthly data analysis on assigned product lines from
sources including Nielsen, Stackline, Mintel, and other internal
- Support brand team with data requests and ad-hoc analyses from
sources including Nielsen, Mintel, Stackline, and other internal
- Lead development and manage the execution of yearly marketing
plan for assigned product lines.
- Contribute to development and implementation of growth brand
strategy ensuring flawless execution of consumer driven initiatives
(media, digital, all other consumer experience materials)
- Provide support to Sales for promotional plans, point of
purchase assets and channel development.
- Build key marketing materials and initiatives across consumer
touchpoints to ensure brand growth in line or ahead of plan.
- Provide brand and design feedback to creative team and approve
all consumer-facing assets for assigned product lines.
- Support development of advertising campaigns through briefing
process, media planning, and creative productions, and campaign
- Partner with Finance to provide relevant information for
costing and pricing purposes to deliver sales and profit
- Collaborate with R&I and brand innovation team to support
new product development projects on assigned categories.
- Establish a working knowledge of pet food industry regulatory
and legal issues and ensure all aspects are taken in account during
the scoping and validation of communication and new products.
- Lead creative team in the packaging design of new products on
the assigned product lines
- Exhibit project management leadership to push projects over the
finish line with sound planning and alignment of resources toward
common outcome; on time and on budget.
- Be a role model of Champion's culture and core values of
teamwork, responsibility, authenticity, innovation and leadership.
- 5 years' Marketing experience with 2 years in an associate
brand manager or related role.
- Sales Analytics experience.
- Prior experience pulling and analyzing syndicated data
(Nielsen, IRI, Spins).
- Passion for a career-path in brand management.
- Post-secondary education preferred but not necessary.
- Basic knowledge of marketing terminology and processes.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite.
- The Associate Brand Manager should demonstrate competence in
- Communicate Effectively - speak, listen and write in a clear,
thorough and timely manger using appropriate and effective
communication tools and techniques.
- Foster Teamwork - work cooperatively and effectively with
others to set goals, and track
- Organize - set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor
progress towards goals, and track
- Plan - Determine strategies to move projects forward, set
goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process
- Solve Problems - Assess problem situations to identify causes,
gather and process relevant information, generate possible
solutions and make recommendations to resolve the problem.
- Evening and weekend work may be required from time to time to
meet project milestones
- Occasional travel may be required Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range: Target pay range for this position is
$80,000-$100,000 USD annually, however base pay offered may vary
depending on job related experience and skills. This information is
based on anticipated market location (Boulder, CO)
- Annual Incentive Eligibility: This position is eligible to
participate in an annual incentive plan. Awards are based on the
achievement of both individual objectives as well as company
- Benefits: This position is eligible for medical, dental, 401k
benefits, and annual vacation. Champion is an equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Champion Petfoods, Denver , Associate Brand Manager - Marketing, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!