Project Manager (Remote)
Company: Empowered Education
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- This is a virtual / 100% remote position based in the U.S. We
are seeking an individual who can work Eastern Time Hours**
Empowered Education is looking for a full-time Project Manager to
join our team! Project management responsibilities include the
coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and
within scope following the appropriate agile frameworks. Oversee
all aspects of projects. Collaborate with Product Managers and
Executions Teams to set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and
monitor and summarize progress. Prepare reports for team and
leadership regarding project status and results.
The successful candidate will work directly with teams to ensure
deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
Coordinate & effectively communicate with other departments to
ensure all aspects of each project are compatible.
Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting
ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring
opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating
Agile project teams
- Deliver agile projects that provide exceptional business value
to users by hitting targets incrementally.
- Responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility
projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may
cross multiple departments.
- Helping the team achieve a high level of performance and
quality, holding teams accountable for their work, removing
obstacles, and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Defining the project's schedule and scope while balancing this
with timely and regular value deliveries, and organizing and
leading working and project status meetings
- Ensuring that the set requirements are well defined
- Delivering Agile projects that offer outstanding business value
to the users by hitting targets incrementally (2-week sprints)
- Supporting the product owner in managing communications with
stakeholders, managing customers' expectations for deliverables,
and implementing an effective project governance system
- Coach and mentor junior project managers and provide support to
Lead Project Manager as needed
- Determine and define the scope and objectives of major projects
and work with Product Managers and GMs to enter strategic
information, milestones, and dates in Asana
- Help identify the need for Standard Operating Procedures,
prioritize the need, and work with department leaders to write SOPs
based on the company template
- Present regular updates to executive leadership and
organization as needed
- Hold/attend regular team stand-up meetings to determine
progress and address any questions or challenges the team has
regarding their work
- Provide support for all departments as needed and
- Perform any other duties as needed or assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Highly Productive: You have the drive to get things done. When
you have a new goal or project, you are great at breaking it down
into steps for your team to rapidly complete tasks. You feel
fulfilled by completing tasks and projects and you look forward to
the next challenge. You work quickly and accurately to meet
deadlines. You are a self-starter with excellent leadership and
- Detail-Oriented - You have an eye for detail and you are
passionate about delivering mistake-free work. You are the one who
catches other people's errors and offers constructive feedback. You
can be counted on to be the last one to review a document before it
goes public. You are motivated by excellence and willing to give
the energy and time needed to achieve it.
- Excellent Communicator: You have exceptional verbal and written
communication and presentation skills. You are comfortable
communicating with stakeholders at various levels and aren't afraid
to ask a question if you're stumped by something. You are able to
clearly delegate tasks and effectively onboard new members. You
have a strong customer focus with a skilled ability to interpret
and analyze customer requirements.
- Highly Organized: You have strong organizational skills, manage
your time well, and are always looking for ways to become more
- Proactive Problem-Solver: You enjoy engaging with problems and
the process of creating solutions. You are known for coming to the
table with creative and useful ideas to overcome challenges and the
ability to resolve complex problems creatively.
- Agile with Technology: You are experienced in using online
applications such as Google Docs, Excel or other spreadsheet apps,
contact management tools, project management tools, and have
proficiency in Asana, Miro, and Lucidchart.
- Flexible and Adaptable: You are able to multitask and can
quickly reorient and ground yourself when plans and priorities
- Team Player: You enjoy working collaboratively. You are an
enthusiastic and high-energy individual who enjoys building bridges
across teams and cultivating a positive work environment.
- Experienced: You have 5-6 years of experience in delivering
agile projects (planning, execution, and team management) and have
excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as the
definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog
refinement, etc.) You have experience in a Scrum Master role and
preferably are a Certified Scrum Master/Certified Product Owner.
You understand, believe in, and promote an Agile working
We are a dedicated and heart-centered team that is passionate about
making the world a healthier, happier, more conscious place. It is
our mission to work collectively to contribute to the student
experience and our company culture. We celebrate, share, and live
Empowered Educations vision of doing what you love, with love and
we are committed to working together as a team with mutual
intention and purpose. We stand for living a passion-full life,
striving to be the best version of ourselves, and for curiosity and
learning in ever-expanding abundance. Most importantly, we stand
together in support of our students as they step into the thrilling
spotlight that is waiting for them.
WHY WORK FOR US:
We celebrate, share, and live Empowered Educations vision of
creating a world where people are the healthiest versions of
themselves. We believe transformative education in personalized
nutrition and compassionate habit change is the key to
accomplishing both. We also believe in changing the world while
LOVING your work!
- Casual Dress Code
- 100% Remote Workforce
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Free Access to our schools programs
- Annual access to a Health Coach & the Nutrition Clinic
- Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, and Paid Volunteer Time
Empowered Education is an equal opportunity employer with a
commitment to providing a safe space built on a foundation of
inclusion. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote
regardless of race religion, color, national origin, sex,
disability, age, veteran status, and any other protected status as
required by applicable law. We celebrate equity and equality and
believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all other characteristics
that make us wonderfully unique.
Keywords: Empowered Education, Denver , Project Manager (Remote), Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!