Chief Executive Merchant in Training (Store Manager)
Company: Floor & Decor
Posted on: May 16, 2022
PURPOSEAt Floor & Decor we are always seeking top talent to join
our organization as a Store Manager in Training/Chief Executive
Merchant in Training (CEMIT). These are key leadership roles for
our big box retail stores. Joining the organization as a CEMIT
requires flexibility to relocate to cities where we have stores in
need of Store Managers/Chief Executive Merchants (CEMs). CEMITs
join the organization preparing to take on the role of Store
Manager/CEM as quickly as needed, usually within 12 - 15 weeks.
Store Managers/CEMs own the box, run the box and get to create the
playbook that drives business success. The Store Manager/CEM serves
as the leader of a specialty big box retail store that sells hard
surface flooring and related accessories. The Store Manager/CEM is
responsible for developing and leading a high-performing team to
drive retail sales and achieve competitive results in a highly
complex store. The Store Manager/CEM is responsible for providing
strong leadership to the store team and executing solid sales
generation and operational strategies while ensuring customer
satisfaction, maximum productivity and profitability, proper
inventory control and compliance with company procedures.ESSENTIAL
- Oversee retail store operations and store management teams to
ensure sales goals are met and exceeded.
- Create and maintain successful partnerships with store,
regional and Store Support Center associates.
- Use our CARE model to help associates create an environment
that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and efficient for
- Recruit, interview and select management team and sales
associates to ensure store is properly staffed with maximum
scheduling coverage, especially during peak traffic periods.
- Train and develop a high-performing management team and ensure
high quality supervision, training and development of sales
associates. Create practices to decrease associate turnover.
- Communicate performance standards and hold team members
accountable for achieving standards. Provide regular coaching,
feedback and performance discussions with associates.
- Ensure brand standards, brand consistency, store presentation
standards and operating standards are achieved/exceeded and
- Ensure compliance of payroll and business planning processes.
Monitor, maintain and follow company policies; support company
expectations and systems.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- 3 - 5 years of management experience leading a big box retail
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and a creative
merchant first mindset.
- Proven ability to lead a large team and direct operations at
all levels in a high volume, highly complex store.
- Strong background and substantial experience in merchandising,
sales generation, operations, inventory control, budget management
and managing profit and loss (P&L).
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, selecting, hiring,
onboarding, developing and coaching a high performing retail sales
and operations team.
- Excellent communication, analytical, planning, organization,
time management, follow up and delegation skills.
- Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment in a
fast-paced environment and adapt to change with a sense of urgency.
Must work well under pressure.
- Must be available to work retail hours as necessary and open
and/or close the store in an effective manner. Regular attendance
and a full-time commitment are essential functions of the
job.WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS, ENVIRONMENT)
- Occasional travel may be required including air and car
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles.
The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate to
Physical Work - Ability exert 30 - 60 pounds of force occasionally,
and or 20-30 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry push,
pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to
use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is
frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands,
climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
NOTE: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be
essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to
possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with
disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are
incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not
been included. However, the omission of specific statements of
duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is
similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement
between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by
the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the
job change.Store HoursMonday - Friday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PMSaturday
8:00 AM - 7:00 PMSunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PMBenefits & Rewards
- Bonus opportunities at every level
- Career advancement opportunities
- Relocation opportunities across the country
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Discount Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans
(subject to eligibility criteria)Equal Employment OpportunityFloor
& Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal
opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits,
hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel
actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex
stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and
medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or
breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry,
medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status,
citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any
other status protected by applicable law.This policy applies to all
areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening,
hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion,
layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all
other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy
and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any
associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status
outlined above.Pay Range
Keywords: Floor & Decor, Denver , Chief Executive Merchant in Training (Store Manager), Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!