Construction & Development Manager
Company: Tide Executive Recruiting, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
A Premier Investment Real Estate Management Company with an
amazing track record of success and a reputation for collaboration
and partnership has an immediate opening for a Construction &
Development Manager to join their growing construction team in
Denver, Colorado. This position requires the candidate to live in
Our client is a fully integrated North America real estate
investment company that has remained a privately-owned and operated
company since 2002. Over the last 18 years, our client has focused
on acquiring and developing both multi-family communities and
industrial distribution/warehouse facilities. Our client owns and
manage a large real estate portfolio situated in strategic growth
markets across the United States. These high growth markets include
markets like Raleigh, Dallas, Austin, Atlanta, Houston, Phoenix,
Salt Lake City, Denver, and Southern California. Our client's
company goal is to grow their portfolio through a creative and
value-add approach of acquisition and development. The
organization's mission is expanding their real estate portfolio
through strategic acquisition and development which aligns with
their long-term investment goals.
The Role of Construction and Development Manager Provides
management and coordination leadership on a wide variety of land
development projects (Vertical Construction Building Projects-
multi-family and industrial, etc.) and cursory monitoring of
partnership interests related to the construction oversight of
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishing the preliminary budgeting and pro-forma cost and
- Provide oversight on schedule adherence, change orders,
implementing owner decisions, approve pay applications, approve
submittal and material selections.
- Assist in the sourcing the design team for each project;
negotiate business terms and award design services agreements to
selected consultants for the project.
- Define the conceptual design while providing valid pricing
feedback for the concepts being considered; work with portfolio
manager on managing the design consultants in completing the design
development and construction documents.
- Assist in sourcing contractors/subcontractors and in
negotiating the general construction contract.
- Work with Senior Development Manager in developing strategy for
- Assist Senior Development Manager in securing all necessary
approvals from all appropriate jurisdictions for permitting and
securing final certificate(s) of occupancy.
- Coordinate all non-general contractor scopes of work; identify
acceptable level of finishes and manage all punch list and project
- Manage contractor close out of project.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Recent, relevant direct experience with a multi-family
residential development firm
- Excellent computer skills, with emphasis on Word, Excel, Power
Point, Internet access, the use of a digital camera and familiarity
with the sending of documents and photographs via the
- Solid understanding of environmental remediation procedures and
permit application process.
- Familiarity with the workings of City Hall, knowledge of how to
work with the Department of Planning and - Development, Department
of Buildings, Board of Underground and other appropriate City
- Basic familiarity with financial terminology.
- Ability to value engineer projects to ensure best quality and
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Able to work with people at all levels
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and adapt to changing
- Experience in selecting and managing design and construction
- Experience in both contracting project management as well as
real estate development experience.
- Financial and budgetary experience to include bid specification
development, budgeting & forecasting
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Works effectively in fast paced environment
- Confident; works effectively with direction (self-starter)
- Good organizational skills
- Service oriented; effective interaction with all levels of
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions
- Ability to exercise good business judgment and conduct business
activities in a highly professional manner
- Works effectively in team environment
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Possesses high degree of integrity
- Knowledgeable of variety of construction and maintenance
concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience managing contractors, subcontractors, and
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Construction
- Minimum previous experience required for performing the duties
of the job.
- Minimum 7-10 experience managing $50M+ multi-family ground up
development projects: experience with Prescient, Infinity and
Modular construction methods a plus.
- Ability to travel 40% of the time
Keywords: Tide Executive Recruiting, Inc., Denver , Construction & Development Manager, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!