Director of IP Video Operations
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Charter Network Operations is looking for a Director of IP Video
Operations Control Plane. The Director position will be the primary
resource manager and is a technical leader within the organization.
Focusing on the human resource allocation and prioritization of
tasks in addition to communicating project status to leadership.
You will be responsible for the entire project life-cycle and
expected to remove blockers where possible and escalate where not
possible. The role includes being the technical leader with primary
guidance in the form of project prioritization and is expected to
work with little to no supervision or time management
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strong Technical Leader which will be responsible for mentoring
and guiding Principal and Senior level engineering staff.
- Prioritizes work and establishes goals according to Engineering
and corporate strategy.
- Expected to work collaboratively with peers (internally and
externally), as well as, other organizations in order to solve
problems and complete tasks.
- Responsible for resources allocation, budgetary forecasting,
change/MOP approval and Operations Engineering Document
- Drives the design and coordination of Change Acceptance,
Solution Acceptance and Support Continuation Decisioning.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies, this includes: AWS and other
cloud providers, micro services architecture, Kubernetes, service
mesh, VMware, monitoring and logging technologies.
- Responsible in managing relations with stakeholders such
development, product teams, understand business needs and drive
- Accountable for managing outage update communications, internal
task commitment dates and deployment go / no-go.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP knowledge/troubleshooting skills
- Identifies and projects the LOE establishment.
- Ability to present to members of the organization, including
- Responsible for the hiring, and performance management of
engineering staff, this includes: promotion and raise
- Drives and manages operations handoff readiness approval.
- Capable of leading and participating in succession planning for
the Video Operations team.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the VP of IP Video
Operations.BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years' network / systems engineering
- Minimum of six (6) years experience in AWS, On-prem
- Minimum of five (5) years' supervisory and/or management
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Monday thru
Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PMADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous project management and organizational leadership
- Ability to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in
person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear,
straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working
- Strong ability to supervise and motivate others
- Working knowledge of IP Video Delivery solutions
- Working knowledge of IP Multi-cast
- Candidate must be available for network emergencies 7 x
- Bachelor's Degree
- AWS/Kubernetes certification or equivalent
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and trainingWORKING
- Office environment
- Limited Travel Required
#LI-AK EVD700 299343 299343BR
Here, employees dont just have jobs, they build careers. Thats why
we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards
employees for their contributions to our success, supports all
aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage
The pay for this position has a minimum of $120,700.00. The actual
salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of
factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and
location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms
of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: Spectrum, Denver , Director of IP Video Operations, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!