Company: E. A. Sween Company
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job Details Description We are always looking for talented,
hardworking people to join the E.A. Sween family. We are a
family-oriented company that understands the significance of our
employees and we are successful because of our incredibly committed
team. E.A. Sween is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability ROLE SUMMARY: The Operations
Manager is responsible for with the success of the operational plan
at or below budget and for overseeing the activities for operations
including warehouse/distribution, productivity & accuracy, safety
and best practices, and creating a positive working environment
focused on retaining employees. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE:
- Ensure all KPI's are met including: in-stock % vendor
performance, on-time % for store deliveries, HACCP audits, meeting
or exceeding customer expectations.
- Responsible for a $1.4 million fleet and equipment
- Maintaining the order flow of all products and managing the
customer delivery cold chain
- Maintaining and caring for a multi-temperature warehousing and
- Through hands on involvement will develop and progressively
improve the warehousing processes to support the development and
delivery of the Operational Strategy. Including plans for the
continued growth of automation cells and equipment, operational
performance, ensuring quality products, and on time delivery to
both external and internal customers. Drives technology integration
within the distribution network.
- Work directly with Human Resources and other departments to
develop and retain associates through training and leadership
programs. Health and Safety
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and
directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment,
and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and
- Enforce safety policies and procedures (both in-house and
regulatory) to decrease the potential for employee injuries on the
job. Acts as a point of contact for after-hours employee and plant
- Request for onsite drug screening for safety incidences with
property damage, for reasonable suspicion (behavioral
incidence)-after hrs. Consult with HR and Management regarding next
steps. Food Safety and Quality Control
- Assures team members are following all procedures to ensure we
safely handle all food. Maintain HACCP, FSMA and Best Practice
qualifications and ensure audit compliance.
- Work with Senior management to ensure all corrective actions
are taken when product is out of spec.
- Ensure that all employees, including new employees, are
adequately trained, instructed and supervised in food safety
principles and practices. Leadership
- Drive an aligned and focused team culture through clear
performance targets and regular team meetings focusing on culture,
stakeholder alignment, communication and conflict resolution.
- Manage and report on the performance of a substantial, diverse
team; set appropriate performance objectives for direct reports or
project/ account team members and hold them accountable for
achieving these; take appropriate corrective action where necessary
to ensure the achievement of team/ personal objectives.
- Use the organization's formal development framework to identify
the team's individual development needs. Plan and implement
actions, including continuing professional development specified by
professional or regulatory institutions, to build their
professional capabilities. Provide informal training or coaching to
others throughout the organization in own area of expertise to
enable others to improve performance and fulfill personal
- Engage the team in all attributes of EA Sween Spirit for
overall team success.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills with the ability to define
a clear vision and motivate others to achieve required goals.
- Communicate with Company Leaders to ensure alignment of goals
- Drive cross-functional projects to support new strategic
initiatives and business opportunities for the organization.
- Liaise and negotiate with internal and external customers;
suppliers, consumers, and cross-functional teams.
- Oversee property management in conjunction with Leasing
Company, to include working directly with contractors to maintain
the quality and general maintenance of the building, parking lots,
and grounds as well as directly working with the security company,
fire marshal, and local utilities to ensure secure operations
- Develop and maintain KRA's that provide insight and
accountability to areas where execution is critical for cost
avoidance and budget tracking. This will be issued in monthly
reports and variance recaps.
- Responsible for meeting all KPI standards including but not
limited to: Outbound shortages, HACCP, On Time delivery, and high
value, labor hours and dollars.
- Executes strategies and plans to meet company's short-term and
long-term Operations management control requirements for a fully
functional infrastructure for all aspects of the operation.
- Develop and manage annual budgets per location within spending
guidelines Continuous Improvement
- Improve the business processes for each department through
analysis and collaboration
- Leverage project management methodologies and continuous
improvement tools to build and optimize process across the
Operation. Develop functional leaders process capabilities by
introducing best practices, driving critical thinking, and
encouraging non-standard solutions
- Lead process improvement opportunities utilizing the continuous
- Drive Customer and Employee Success by seeking opportunities
- Champion Change throughout the organization
- Use the Spirit of EA Sween to guide decisions. REQUIRED
- 5+ years of Warehouse, Distribution or Supply Chain
- 5+ years of leading and managing teams, as well as previous
experience working with annual budgets, productivity and
- Must have previous experience building and developing
relationships with customers, including report out to high level
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state in which you
reside with DOT Certification (if applicable)
- Excellent Computer Skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Must have good teamwork and effectively communicate with
- Ability to pass applicable criminal background checks and drug
- Must be able to be on call 24/7, work nights, weekends,
holidays and extra hours as needed to support the 24/7 business
operation. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience in a Driver Supervisor / Warehouse
Supervisor position a plus.
- Distribution /Logistics Certification a plus
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous Fleet experience a plus
- Previous experience with ERP, Warehousing or Inventory
technology PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Generally, an office/desk position using a computer and
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to work on/direct multiple projects at one time
without direct supervision and be able to handle deadlines,
confidential information and interruptions in the work process
- Must be able to multi-task, handle deadlines and confidential
- Must be able to work well with various levels of employees,
cross-functional team members and diverse cultures.
- Ability to work in warehouse or in trucks where temperatures
range from 35˚ - 73˚F on occasion.
- Ability to climb in and out of equipment as needed
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time, as needed.
Qualifications 0" style="display: none;"> Skills 0"> 0">
0" style="display: none;"> Behaviors 0"> 0"> : 0"
style="display: none;"> Motivations 0"> 0"> : 0"
style="display: none;"> Education 0"> 0"> 0">
Experience 0"> Required 5-10 years:Previous experience in
Warehouse/Distribution/Supply Chain 5-10 years:Previous Leadership
Experience 0"> 0" style="display: none;"> Licenses &
Certifications 0"> 0"> Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: E. A. Sween Company, Denver , Operations Manager, Executive , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!