Director IT Systems Apply to This Job
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Remarks: What We 're Looking For:
The Director, IT Systems is responsible for leading and managing
the IT Systems Team within the broader IT Infrastructure portfolio.
This team is chiefly responsible for employee facing technologies
and applications including a combination of SaaS services,
on-premise servers, cloud systems, office systems, and identity
platforms. This individual will provide technical vision as well as
managerial oversight of the team while managing priorities and
technical projects on their team. They will work with the VP of IT
as well as peers and stakeholders on road mapping and resource
planning/allocation. They will serve as a senior technical
escalation point for issues and challenges the team may face and
provide overall feedback and guidance.
The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for technology
and deep experience leading IT teams and initiatives with a focus
on migrating services to the cloud and managing them. They
challenge themselves to stay on the bleeding edge of technology and
constantly bring innovative ideas to solve business problems in a
cloud first, fast paced environment. They are proactive and
constantly looking for new opportunities for improvement and how to
advance the team and company. They have a deep technical background
and are able and eager to assist the team with engineering tasks as
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Develop technical vision, roadmaps, and project plans for the
team and manage those projects accordingly.
- Responsible for managing, mentoring, and growing the IT Systems
- Design, manage, and prioritize workflows and processes for the
team to optimize efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Work with business stakeholders on new requests and prioritize
them for assignment by system engineers.
- Serve as a senior technical advisor to the team and help guide
- Provide routine updates to VP, IT on projects and team
- Coordinate with other members of the IT team on
cross-functional projects and deliverables.
- Ensure adequate documentation is completed for assigned tickets
and projects. Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 10+ years working in IT or related field managing systems,
applications, and servers. Bachelor's degree in a technical
discipline desired from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years managing technical teams consisting of admins and
- Strong experience in project management through demonstrated
- Ability to design, manage, and implement processes and
procedures for technical teams.
- Experience designing, deploying, and managing
multi-tiered/virtualized server environments and applications.
- Experience migrating traditional systems and applications to
services like AWS and Azure Active Directory
- Experience with automation technology and demonstrated ability
to apply critical thinking to streamline repetitive tasks.
- Systems Administration on both Linux and Windows Servers
- Experience working with Windows Servers and Active Directory
- Experience managing infrastructure as code with tools such as
Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Deep understanding in supporting cloud environments/systems
such as Google Workspace, AWS, and Azure.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM) tools,
processes, and ability to implement.
- Strong technical proficiency and hands-on experience
surrounding IT Infrastructure technologies (Hyper-V, SAN,
monitoring, SAML, etc.).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while working on
- Experience working in an Agile environment utilizing aspects of
More Jobs Like This Job No. 654124
VP Network Operations & Managed Services
Job No. 654087
VP Network Planning Voice & IP
Job No. 652663
VP of IT Operations and Infrastructure
Job Tools:Apply to This Job --Print this job
Share thisEmail this job to meSend this job to a colleagueYour
* First Name:
* Last Name:
* First Name:
* Last Name:
Comments you would like to include (optional):
* Required fields
Need Help? Your Member ServicesRepresentative is
here for you at 1-203-750-1030
Keywords: ExecuNet, Denver , Director IT Systems Apply to This Job, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!