Vice President Business Development
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Location: US-CO-Denver# of Openings: 1Category: CorporateSystem
ID: 13934OverviewSCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry,
strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health
systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical
facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities,
including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in
partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more
information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.Accountabilities /
ResponsibilitiesThe Vice President - Development (Vice President)
will work closely with the Chief Development Officer and the rest
of the Development team, as well as senior operating management in
the formation and execution of an acquisition and development
strategy for the company. The particular focus of this individual
will be towards the development of relationships and joint venture
transactions with large healthcare systems across the country. The
top priority for this individual will be to establish relationships
with existing or prospective surgery center owners, including C
Suite relationships with potential health system partners and key
industry contacts. Identifying and managing the pipeline of high
potential opportunities will be the most immediate objective for
this Vice President.Specific Duties:
- Work closely with the Chief Development Officer, CEO and other
senior managers to develop and implement a sound acquisition and
development plan for the company, including specific development
strategies designed to achieve short and long-term growth and
- Develop and implement strategies and tactics aimed at
identifying, assessing and completing new business opportunities in
- Working closely with SCA's regional leaders, identify and
maintain the appropriate contacts on a market-by-market basis to
include developing strong relationships with the ambulatory surgery
center community, health systems, and other relevant healthcare
- Move transactions through the internal communication and
approval process which includes the operations and senior
management teams in order to insure a smooth transition as deals
- Develop and market the overall market strategy that a combined
health system/SCA JV could execute in a specific market.
- Communicate and coordinate acquisition activity with multiple
SCA departments to ensure a smooth transaction process including
the analytical group, legal and operations.
- Establish the relationship of honesty, trust and integrity with
potential sellers and joint venture partners related to acquisition
process, other services, and closing of the transaction.
- Serve as the liaison with the corporate attorney to facilitate
agreements, filings and any other activity as directed by the
senior management team.
- Participate and serve as a coordinator of the "first look" and
overall due diligence process of acquisition candidates and
assessments for potential partnerships.
- Help coordinate and drive accurate financial analysis of
acquisition candidate business for purchase price valuation and
discussion by the senior management team.
- Achieve a solid, trustworthy partnership with the SCA
management team, board, and other leaders in their pursuit of
- Coordinate the due diligence, financial analysis, negotiation
and legal review of prospective opportunities, leveraging the
unique capabilities of the senior management team, staff, and
outside advisors. QualificationsEducation:
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration or related
financial discipline is required. MBA and/or CPA would be a
distinct plus.Years of Experience:
- Minimum of eight to ten years of relevant healthcare
development experience in a multi-site healthcare services company.
- Significant contributor and/or manager within the business
development and acquisition department with success in single site
acquisitions and hospital joint ventures.
- Broad experience as the Director or Vice President of Business
or Corporate Development, or the strong number two within the
office of the Chief Development Officer in a highly professional
and successful healthcare services company.
- Proven success sourcing, negotiating, and closing acquisition
and/or development opportunities.
- Ability to establish trust and long-term relationships.
- Playing a significant role in negotiating the deal terms and
managing the document through closing.
- Willing to travel extensively.
- Confidence and demeanor to gain the respect of healthcare
system senior executives and owners of ambulatory surgery
- Demonstrated ability to function and communicate within the
highest levels of an organization.
- Ability to work closely and team effectively and tactfully
within internal and external customers, working in a matrix
framework within SCA including support center personnel, Regional
VPs, Regional Sales Manager, and Program General Manager.
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop and explain value
propositions for potential partners and acquisition
- Solution-oriented, not purely task focused.Personal
- An individual with excellent credibility, values, team player,
- Strong salesmanship and deal structuring skills.
- Highly intelligent, possesses strong interpersonal skills, and
the ability to overachieve business objectives.
- Someone who can demonstrate initiative, have a strong desire to
succeed, and willingness to exert the extraordinary effort that
will be required.
- Possess the highest ethical standards and serve as an effective
team member and team player within a matrixed and close-knit
- Self-directed, flexible, willingness and desire to learn and
re-invent yourself.EEO StatementWe value Diversity, Inclusion, and
Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin,
disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace.
Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Denver , Vice President Business Development, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!