Program Director, Housing Intake and Placement
Company: Corus Entertainment
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Program Director, Housing Intake and Placement Denver, CO, USA
Req #644 Thursday, April 1, 2021 The mission of the Colorado
Coalition for the Homeless is to work collaboratively toward the
prevention of homelessness and the creation of lasting solutions
for homeless and at-risk families, children, and individuals
throughout Colorado. The Coalition advocates for and provides a
continuum of housing and a variety of services to improve the
health, well-being, and stability of those it serves. The Colorado
Coalition for the Homeless seeks a-- Director of Housing Intake and
Placement-- to maintain and cultivate relationships across the
Denver Metro and Balance of State Continuum of Cares, for the
direction of programming and operations of the Housing Intake and
Placement (HIPS) processes as well as Rural Initiatives Programming
at CCH. This position is also responsible for designing and
overseeing intake procedures of new CCH RPMC Housing Programs or
other new CCH Housing and Supportive Service Projects. This
position supervises the HIPS Program Managers including day-to day
intake functions for all CoC and internally funded programs and
ensures effective integrated transfer of client care between
departments and partner agencies. This position also supervises the
Rural Initiatives Program Manager and ensures that all programming
under the BoS CoC division follows HUD guidelines and performs
effectively. This position will contribute to short and long-term
strategic planning and implementation of all CCH Housing Program
Initiatives. This position is located at 2100 Broadway, Denver,
Colorado 80205 and reports to the VP of Community Services.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of
our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment:
full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their
own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for
coverage of eligible dependents. We're proud to offer same- and
opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to
5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick
leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in
their first full year. Essential Job Functions Directs Programming
and Operations of Denver Metro Housing Intake Processes
- Oversees and directs all coordinated Housing Intake processes
and service provision at CCH.
- Collaborates with CCH Program Directors of Outreach and
Engagement, Housing First, Residential Services, Family Support
Services, and other Leadership to effectively integrate excellent
client care throughout the intake process and transition to
- Assures compliance with internal, state, and federal
requirements for housing intake, in collaboration with Director of
- Collaborates with Stout Street Health Center in building
integrated care systems within housing programs through level of
care assessment and effective client access to care upon
- Directs and supervises HIPS Programs Managers; providing
resources, tools, professional development, leadership development
and ongoing support in alignment with department goals.
- Sets and is responsible for staff performance objectives to
meet individual and department goals, as well as grant requirements
and other reporting data quality.
- Represents CCH in the Denver Metro CES/OneHome System,
cultivating and maintaining mutually beneficial partnerships with
all CoC providers.
- Participates in strategic planning with MDHI and internal and
external CoC housing/service providers to create a coordinated
system which judiciously matches housing and service resources to
clientele with the most fitting level of care, and fluidly creates
opportunities for higher and lower levels of care as
- Point person for CCH intake proceedings with HUD and the Denver
Housing Authority (DHA), Colorado State Department of Local
Affairs, Division of Housing (DOH) and the City of Denver's
Department of Housing Stability (HOST) on CCH Metro and Rural
Housing Programs. Directs Programming and Operations of CCH Rural
- Oversees the Rural Initiatives Programming at CCH to include
all activities of the Balance of State (BoS) Continuum of Care
(CoC), Rural Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG), CoC Rapid ReHousing
and Permanent Supportive Housing programming for rural communities
- Supports RI Program Manager and BoS Technical Assistance
Coordinator in CCH renewal applications for the annual Balance of
State Continuum of Care consolidated grant competition (the NOFA)
as they plan and coordinate the annual project ranking process,
write and assemble the consolidated grant application for submittal
to HUD as well as and other rural funding opportunities that
- Supports RI Program Manager and CoC Coordinator in their
responsibilities which include publications regarding the CoC
program, the annual PIT/HIC reports, the BoS Advisory Board and
Regional Planning Groups, the Annual Board meeting, annual
evaluation of CoC funded programs, the design and implementation of
a Coordinated Assessment System for Balance of State, and in
collaboration with the BoS HMIS team assessing and improving
system-wide performance metrics.
- Works closely with E&A on opportunities to support rural
communities throughout the state. CCH Program and Project
Development and Planning
- Seeks out and implements new grants/funding for projects that
align with the Coalition's mission and values around serving a
range of homeless populations.
- Identifies opportunities for innovation, creates strategies and
processes to better conduct housing intake and placement procedures
to better serve the needs of homeless individuals in Denver Metro
and Rural Colorado.
- Designs and oversees intake procedures of new CCH RPMC Housing
Programs or other new CCH Housing and Supportive Service
- Oversees departmental budgets (to include HIPS and Rural
Initiatives) and is accountable for financial expenditures.
- Represents the agency as an advocate and educator regarding
national best practices regarding housing and supportive care for
people who are homeless, particularly during transition from
streets to home.
- Fosters space for systems level thought and change within the
department and local community in alignment with CCH broader
- Will serve as a resource to providers at CCH and in the
community in a variety of public forums as a secondary
- Performs other duties as assigned. ------Employee must be able
to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable
accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or
health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential function
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
--- Qualifications Summary
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Previous experience working in nonprofit industry with grant
oversight experience required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience with HUD Housing Programs required.
- Lived experience or direct care or advocacy experience
preferred. --- The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is committed
to delivering services, making employment-related decisions,
selecting volunteers, and selecting vendors without regard to age
over 40, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin,
ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, medical
condition related to pregnancy, military status, or any other
applicable status protected by law.
Keywords: Corus Entertainment, Denver , Program Director, Housing Intake and Placement, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!