Director of Budgets & Rates - Financial Planning & Analysis
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Director of Budgets & Rates - Financial Planning & Analysis
Company: Ball Aerospace Location: Westminster, CO, US, 80021 Date:
Mar 31, 2021 Job Category: General Management Req. ID: 8568 Powered
by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball
Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform
beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create
innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts,
drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable
data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go
forward bravely and return home safely. For more information,
visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or connect with us on LinkedIn
, Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram . The Finance Strategic Support
Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value
across the enterprise by providing actionable information with
recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business
growth. Director of Budgets & Rates - Financial Planning & Analysis
What You'll Do:
- Overall responsibility to lead budget and rate development,
process and team for Ball Aerospace.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and
collaborative relationships with all Company levels, leaders and
customers, Budgets and Rates (B&R) team, and Director of
FP&A for Ball Aerospace.
- Team leader with capability to develop and maintain goal
development and execution in alignment with Finance and Company
- Ensure adequate staffing and growth of existing staff.
- Responsible for the development, approval and application of
the Forward Pricing Rate Proposal (FPRP).
- Responsible for current, accurate and complete budget and rate
scenarios, both the analyses and communication to Executive
- Work with the business to develop efficient and effective rate
pools that align with disclosure statements.
- Influence desired outcomes with stakeholders.
- Key interface with DCMA and DCAA on Forward Pricing Rates.
- Be a strategic thought leader, recommend and implement
disclosed rate pool structures.
- Increase value and efficiency, while reducing waste and
- Increase financial acumen of the Team and within the Company
regarding rate and budget management.
- Responsible for understanding Finance within a US Government
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Finance lead of B&R tools, process, procedures, and work
- Responsible for FP&As B&R role in audits:
- Federal business systems: Estimating, Accounting, Earned Value
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
- Support disclosure statement(s) updates and cost impact
- Understand indirect activity and allocation methods.
- Inspire self and others, make lasting connections and achieve
results within a team environment.
- Respond to ad hoc inquiries.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Extensive knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
cost principles and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Experience with DFARS Business Systems.
- High level of leadership and management skills to set
direction, create goals in alignment with business requirements and
timelines, prioritize operational and project tasks, and enforce
- Must have demonstrated ability to identify talent, give
sufficient autonomy and accountability, and build a highly
- Strong customer service, accountability, professionalism and
- Possess strong critical thinking skills that result in
effective decision making and priority setting.
- Drive for results and execution excellence, using strong
financial and business management skills.
- Team building and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening
- Must be comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable operating at a fast pace.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented.
- Preferred tool knowledge:
- Budget and rates tools
- Workday Adaptative Planning
- Ball Aerospace Resource Tool (BART)
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Deltek Costpoint
- Microsoft: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Enterprise data warehouse (EDW)
- Business Objects Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory,
cleanroom, or production floor.--
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required. A current DoD
clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be
eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and
eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is
accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable
clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to
complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to
evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security
clearance or government customer access associated with this
position. Relocation for this position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $149,000 - $205,000 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
market data.) US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Denver , Director of Budgets & Rates - Financial Planning & Analysis, Executive , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!