Nurse Manager - 4C Med/Surg
Company: Denver Health
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Under minimal supervision, the Nurse Manager performs managerial
and leadership functions over professional nursing and support care
team in various healthcare consumer care settings. Applies critical
thinking, evidence-based policies, procedures, guidelines and
competence to collaborate with the health care team to promote
excellence in healthcare consumer safety and quality outcomes and
independently works with the ACNO or Director to maintain
departmental budget. Adheres to the American Nurses Association
(ANA) standards of professional nursing practice / process and
performance, and the ANA Code of Ethics (2015)* to provide care to
all healthcare consumers. Applies critical thinking, evidence-based
practices and competence to collaborate with the health care team
to promote excellence in healthcare consumer safety and quality
outcomes. Utilizes the Theory of Human Caring and Caritas in daily
practice. "Jean Watson, PhD, RN, AHN-BC, FAAN, Founder / Director,
Watson Caring Science Institute."
This role is eligible for the followings benefits:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- 401(a) & 457(b) Retirement Plan with Employer
- Adoption Assistant Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- RTD ECO Pass
- Staff Management
- Mentoring and recruitment
- Departmental budget and operations
- Records management
- Case management and discharge planning
- Patient safety and quality care
- Policy development and revisions
- Support and implementation of organizational initiatives and
- Promote positive patient experience
- Promote employee engagement
- Able to perform essential duties of direct reporting
- Other duties as assigned per unit addendum
- *Nurse Manager level of leadership is defined by the scope of
practice and span of control as measured in the Denver Health Nurse
Leadership Tool (Denver Health Nurse Leadership Tool addendum)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Adherence to Standards of Professional Nursing Practice/
Process / Performance [ANA Standards addendum- signed] and
accrediting body standards.
- Strong understanding and display of the principals of customer
service as it applies to patients, staff and the community
- Ability to assist in identifying ways to promote quality
patient-centric care and maintain Denver Health's high level of
patient satisfaction. [Nursing Vision Statement]
- Ability to work effectively in a team matrix environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
and in a cross functional environment.
- Ability to work closely with multidisciplinary staff, charge
nurses, clinical nurse educator(s), and Nursing Managers,
providers, executive leadership to provide care to patients with
respect to their uniqueness using informed judgment, competence,
individual qualifications, and collaboration with the health care
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of assessment findings
as they relate to the disease process and continuum of care.
- Supports compliance with national patient safety goals,
accrediting agency standards, and quality initiatives.
- Evaluates practice in relation to professional standards,
statues, regulations, hospital and departmental policies, standards
of care, and regulatory
- Promotes quality care by redefining priorities for care based
on evaluation of healthcare consumer/family response or changing
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) Required
- Master's Degree Preferred
Completion of a nursing education program that satisfies the
licensing requirements of the Colorado State Board of Nursing for
- Five years of nursing experience required
- Two years nursing leadership experience preferred.
- Orthopedic surgery & medical care experience preferred
- Active Registered Nurse (RN) License in the State of Colorado
or a participating compact state.
- National board certification is a preference and encouraged for
all nurse leaders.
- Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) from American Heart Association
- ACLS required
*Specialty certifications as required or recommended per unit. All
Certifications and Licenses required for this job must be kept
current as a condition of continued employment
Main Campus - Pavilion C
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a
pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment
has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic
health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The
Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I
Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911
emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15
school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug
Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a
mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3
billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver
Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and
remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally
recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver
Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately
185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just
minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities
Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is
an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal
employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver
Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class."
Keywords: Denver Health, Denver , Nurse Manager - 4C Med/Surg, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!