Director Engineering - Electro-Optical and RF Systems
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Director Engineering - Electro-Optical and RF Systems Company:
Ball Aerospace Location: Westminster, CO, US, 80021 Date: Mar 9,
2021 Job Category: General Management Req. ID: 7720 Clearance
Requirement: A current, active Top Secret--security clearance is
required. Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering
mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For
more information, visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or connect
with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram . The
Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational
talent and technical leadership that enables the successful
delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our
customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are
committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong
execution. Director Engineering ---Electro-Optical and RF Systems
This position reports to the Senior Director Engineering -
Electro-Optical and RF Systems What You'll Do:
- Perform as deputy to Senior Director.
- Responsible for the Engineering execution of the Tactical
Solutions (TS) portfolio of programs.
- Ensure the staffing, tools, processes and capabilities are
provided to support execution of the TS portfolio. Ensure the
needed capabilities to execute and grow the business are in good
- Create a strategy that leverages the systems engineering,
integration, and test to partner with Tactical Solutions business,
leveraging best systems engineering practices.
- Provide leadership by exhibiting behaviors aligned with the
tenants of Ball's Inspire, Connect and Achieve (ICA) leadership
model. The behaviors would include providing a unifying vision,
understanding the diverse needs of others to meet business
challenges and acting with humility and a collaborative
- Create a culture of system architecting and technical
management, fully integrated with test.
- Be cognizant of Tactical Solutions business financials,
forecasting, new business, and staffing projections.
- Work with Senior Director to establish and maintain clear
roles, responsibilities and expectations between the TS programs,
engineering functional organizations, operations and mission
- Establish, define, develop and communicate clear processes,
procedures, metrics and training to maintain pulse of and ensure
engineering program execution.
- Support strategic data initiatives to include data
analytics,--data governance,--and a well-established reporting and
- Prioritize and communicate ongoing technical issues and
concerns. Provide mitigation solutions as needed. Ensure timely and
effective end-user support. Serve as focal point and escalation
manager for incidents related to areas of responsibility.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- High level of leadership and management skills to set
direction, create goals in alignment with business requirements and
timelines, prioritize operational and project tasks, and enforce
- Must have demonstrated ability to identify talent, give
sufficient autonomy and accountability, and build a highly
functioning engineering team.
- Strong customer service, accountability, professionalism and
- Possess strong critical thinking skills that result in
effective decision making and priority setting.
- Drive for results and executional excellence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening
- Must be comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable operating at a fast pace.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented.
- Familiarity with Aerospace & Defense industry and associated
program execution processes.
- Prior experience implementing and managing a large Program.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean
room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.-- Verification that
your current security clearance or government customer access meets
the requirement for this position will be required. Relocation for
this position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $166,500 - $230,000 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of
management, this role may be eligible to participate in an
incentive compensation plan.
- Subject to business and individual performance, and
recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to
participate in a long-term incentive compensation plan. US
CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Denver , Director Engineering - Electro-Optical and RF Systems, Executive , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!