Company: Maiker Housing Partners
Posted on: April 9, 2021
The Community Manager manages a tax credit, market rate, or public
housing properties, generally under 100 units. The Community
Manager also manages property rehabilitation projects with multi
layers of funding that include HOME, Tax Credit and PBV units by
performing the following duties personally or through direct
reports. Maiker Housing Partners offers competitive compensation
and an excellent benefit package, which includes medical, dental,
vision, life, short term and long term disability, 401(k) match and
participation in the Public Employer's Retirement Association.
$49,000 to $54,000 Annual SalaryEssential Duties and
Responsibilities of the Community Manager as needed for the funding
layer of the Community in which you are working. Other duties may
be assigned. The following will be performed with strict adherence
to MAIKER policies and procedures.Marketing/Leasing
- Develops and implements marketing plan and leasing plan for
- Direct marketing and management of all housing rental
- Interview prospective members and perform required
verifications according to the Low Income Tax Credit Program
according to the HUD 4350.3 Occupancy Handbook and HOME
- Lease apartments by showing prospective members apartment
models and/or available apartments.
- Inform prospective members of availability of nearby schools,
shopping malls, recreational facilities, and public
- Collect security deposits as required and completes lease
paperwork outlining conditions and terms of occupancy.Member
- Maintain occupancy levels and rent revenues.
- Collect all rents including delinquent rents. Maintain
uncollected rents below 2-3%.
- Investigate member complaints and inspects vacated apartments
to determine needed repairs or maintenance.
- Resolve member complaints concerning other members or
- Adheres to all laws relative to multi-family housing including
the Fair Housing Act, and ADA.
- Oversee entire eviction process.
- Directs the planning and implementation of member events and
office themes with the assistance of the Assistant Community
Manager and Leasing Consultant.
- Interacts with members in a courteous and professional manner.
- Achieves expected NOI at property.
- Assists MAIKER to achieve the goals of the entire property
management group as well as other departments
- Presents recommendations to DPO/MPO as needed to better
maximize property performance.
- Works with DPO/MPO to develop annual operating budget.
- Obtains DPO/MPO approval before exceeding budgeted line
- Prepares and submits all reports as required, including Monday
Morning Reports, 4P reports if required, monthly financial reports,
and market surveys.Maintenance
- Works with project development team and onsite renovations
- In conjunction with Regional Maintenance Supervisor, direct and
coordinate activities of maintenance staff engaged in repairing
plumbing or electrical malfunctions, painting apartments or
buildings, and performing landscaping or gardening work, or
arranges for outside personnel to perform maintenance.
- Arrange for other site related services such as, extermination,
or carpet cleaning and all the others. Some exclusions are carpet
vendors, security and trash collections which go through the
procurement at the Home Office
- Inspect all apartments delivered by the maintenance staff as
ready. Makes final determination if the apartment meets MAIKER
standards and is ready to rent.
- Maintain and monitor Make Ready Board to ensure it is up to
- Surveys the exterior of community to ensure MAIKER quality
standards are met. Records deviancies and writes work orders to
address the discovered needs.
- Monitors Community Key Control system. Staff Management
- Manage direct and coordinate efforts of staff; hires,
schedules, trains, evaluates, promotes, counsels, and disciplines
- Able to perform and supervise all functions of the Assistant
Community Manager and Leasing Consultant as per their job
- Monitor the final outcome of tasks to community staff.
- Lead daily 10 minute stand up meetings with the entire
- Understands and adheres to MAIKER Standards of
- Holds team accountable to the standards as expected by
- Provides frequent feedback and coaching and conducts annual
performance review for all direct reports..
QualificationsTo perform as the Community Manager successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for the Community
Manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
the Community Manager.Education/Experience
- High School degree or equivalent education level
- 1-2 years' experience as a Community/Property Manager in
- Certifications, such as CAM, CAPS or CPM are very
- 2-4 years' affordable housing leasing experience
- 1-2 years' management/supervisory experience; responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and managing others work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
- Experience budgeting and property cost control
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and
- Working knowledge of Yardi Property Management software
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferredQualities and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizing & planning; ability to manage multiple
- Always meets deadlines
- Exceptional teamwork
- Strong mathematical skills: concepts include fractions,
percentages, and ratios
- Ability to interpret technical procedures and governmental
- Manages for results; holds team accountable and provides
resources and support
- Listens and involves others in the decision making process when
- Adaptability/Flexibility; open to new ideas, takes on new
responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusionsPhysical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Regular computer use throughout the day, ability to sit for
lengthy periods of time
- Ability to stand and walk on hard surfaces, and go up and down
- Ability to lift/push/pull/carry various objects of 10 - 20
pounds frequently and 30 -40 pounds occasionally
- Ability to reach to shoulder level and above
- Ability to bend at the hips and knees
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is
regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderateMaiker provides, to the greatest extent possible,
employment, on the job training and contract opportunities for low
- and very-low income residents in connection with projects and
activities administered by the Housing Authority. Maiker Housing
Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PM19
Keywords: Maiker Housing Partners, Denver , Community Manager, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!