Director Portfolio Management
Company: Heartland Financial USA, Inc.
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at
will Fresno, California - Fresno Street & Friant Road Heartland
Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many
locations offering uniquely different banking and financial
solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance
driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with
high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth
and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes
"Great Things Happen!"---The Director Portfolio Management (DPM) is
responsible for the overall portfolio management of Heartland's
loan portfolio through oversight of all underwriting and monitoring
processes. The DPM works directly with the Credit Officers, Senior
Management within Heartland's member banks, and support units to
design and track centralized processes and best practices used by
Portfolio Managers in underwriting and monitoring of their
portfolios. The DPM works closely with Portfolio Managers across
the Heartland member banks to ensure their processes and
performance aligns with desired operational performance objectives.
In addition, the DPM serves as a strategic partner for Senior Bank
Management to achieve targeted goals in the areas of loan
production and credit quality metrics. The DPM works with the Chief
Credit Officer in the areas of talent assessment and staff
development of Portfolio Managers.
- Communicates with Senior Bank Management, Credit Officers, and
Portfolio Managers to develop and maintain a common credit
- Communicates with Portfolio Managers to establish standardized
process expectations and develops job aides to ensure associated
performance expectations are met.
- Provides interpretation of loan policies and procedures and
provides input on policy revisions and enhancements.
- Accountable for Portfolio Managers achieving targeted
performance metrics across designated member banks in the following
- a. Pipeline Management: ensures credit requests are
underwritten, decided, and closed in accordance with Service Level
- b. Exception Management: ensures the level of document
exceptions at designated banks are reduced and maintained within
stated company goals;
- c. Risk Identification: ensures risk factors and adverse trends
within the loan portfolios are identified and strategies are
implemented to mitigate this risk;
- d. Personnel Management: works with Credit Officers to ensure
the training and development of Portfolio Managers. As necessary,
works with Credit Officers to identify and exit low
- Ensures appropriate procedures and controls are in place
governing covenant compliance and collateral monitoring across
member banks and credit support teams.
- Visits assigned banks frequently to develop and maintain
awareness of market conditions and build rapport with Senior Bank
Management. Participates in client meetings to aid the member banks
in evaluating the creditworthiness of proposed transactions.
- Provides insight on training needs and content, business
metrics, and reporting needs for Portfolio Managers and Credit as a
- Works in collaboration with Credit Officers and Bank Leadership
to hire the most qualified Portfolio Managers.
- Participates in various Due Diligence projects related to
mergers and acquisitions.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it
relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works with department staff on individual professional
development and career development opportunities. Facilitates team
members in creating individual goals and development plans that
align with the department goals.
- Works with Heartland Financials' Talent Acquisition team to
identify and hire the most qualified and talented individuals to
fill open positions.
- Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff
regarding expectations and performance, salary adjustments and/or
- Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a
- Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews within
- Indirectly manages Portfolio Managers through matrix
- Bachelors Accounting, Finance or
- other Business-related field required
- 10+ years Banking experience including commercial & industrial,
agriculture, and commercial real estate required
- Direct lending and/or portfolio management experience
- Understanding of credit analysis, risk analysis, and accounting
and finance principles
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate banking laws and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer and credit
- Strong critical thinking, interpersonal, and organizational
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizing and prioritizing work to
meet deadlines, with the ability to adapt within a changing
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information, and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with PROFITMAX, InfoAccess, CME, AS400/Fiserv or
other relevant computer programs preferredScheduled Weekly
Hours:40Time Type:Full time Posted 28 Days Ago Full time 21-0018
About Us At Heartland Financial USA, Inc., we seek those who are
lifelong learners, creative thinkers and have an inquisitive mind.
If you thrive on challenges and look forward to new opportunities
that build positive relationships while providing exceptional
results, Heartland is the place for you.
We want you to discover your unique potential and limitless
professional possibilities while working with us. Heartland is a
diverse and inclusive workplace creating an environment where work
feels like a second home. Everyone, regardless of their role, will
feel accepted, supported and equally involved. What makes our team
so great is the value Heartland places on individualism and
appreciation for the differences each employee offers. We're a
growing team committed to creating a valued workplace for
Our leaders are actively engaged and committed to providing a
positive and professional work environment. They are dedicated to
helping you grow and develop your career. We work closely with our
employees to strategize individual professional development plans,
performance goals and professional development opportunities.
Recognizing and rewarding hard work, developing talent and
fostering employees for the next stages of their career is what you
can expect as a member of our team. We grow, when you grow.--
Our work family is extremely important to us and at Heartland we
strive to ensure our employees are happy, engaged and evolving!
Help us continue to build an exceptional team that lives our
mission statement every day of enriching lives one customer,
employee and community at a time. Member FDIC --- Equal Housing
Lender Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at
Keywords: Heartland Financial USA, Inc., Denver , Director Portfolio Management, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!