Director of Claims
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Pie Insurance is an Insurtech company tackling meaningful
problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology
and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small
business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and
entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the
idea that if it doesn't serve our clients, it doesn't serve us.--
Pie's looking to expand its current claims operations by exploring
all options to bring best-in-class claims experience to our valued
customers. We currently engage and partner with a TPA and are
looking at all possible options available to us to ensure we meet
our overarching objectives, growth goals, and live into our brand,
"easy as pie". As the Director of Claims, your purpose will be to
develop, lead, and steward Pie's claims strategy and TPA programs.
In this role, you are responsible for managing and implementing
claims programs for all lines of insurance relevant to Pie. As a
Pie claims leader, you will drive claims data and analytics to
inform and measure how Pie executes and delivers on the overall
claims strategies and experiences that you help to develop, and
your team is accountable for. Pie is an incredibly collaborative
team with constant communication.--You will work across teams and
collaborate with stakeholders and team members. Great communication
and coordination skills are key to your success. As the Director of
Claims you will be fostering relationships at every level both
internally with team members and other senior leaders, as well as
externally, working to build relationships with key partners in the
industry. Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will
continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a
remote team member, you will be expected to be available for
meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to
reliable, high-speed internet. We will consider this role for
continued remote work once our offices reopen with some travel to
our offices in Denver or DC. How You'll Do It
- Will be responsible for leading and ongoing stewardship of
Pie's claims strategy and programs.
- Plans and directs all aspects of Pie's claims functions and
teams by overseeing the daily and long-term operations of Pie's
- Responsible for managing and implementing claims programs for
all lines of insurance. Grow & Scale Claims organization/team
- Will determine Pie internal claims team organizational
structure, expectations, span of control, and role expectations and
KPIs and measurements of work.
- Develops claims objectives and goals in support of Pie's
- Leads the overarching TPA strategy and along with the Claims
TPA Manager, focuses on delivery of services and SLAs. Will be
responsible for executive level relationships including contracts
and CHI's with all TPAs. Measures data driven analytics with
Partners (Sirius, Reinsurers, TPAs), Pie Execs, etc.
- Will build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with
all leadership points of contact for all important Claims
- Measures and holds accountable our partners in their delivery
of claims services to Pie and our claimants. Use data and analytics
to inform and strategize for optimal claims objectives and LR
- Using claims data (as relates to Pie) as well as industry
benchmarks, creates a claims strategy that will set the bar and
create a best-in-class claims service delivery and manage our LR
- Analyzes claims data and proactively looks for ways to mitigate
losses with early focus on indemnity issues and recovery, proper
reserve setting and approvals, and adjusts approach for innovative
claims solutions. Serve as lead claims authority and owner
- Based on vast claims experience, is able to bring this to the
executive table and ensure that Pie is leading the way in claims
strategy and customer experience.
- Directs the quarterly review and settlement of large loss and
- Develops and guides claims procedures and policies to enhance
and improve the processing, investigation, and settlement of claims
and overall efficiency of the claims operations.--
- Your claims leadership presence will be needed in a variety of
meetings, communications, and ability to articulate clearly and
advocate well for Pie and our valued customers. The Right Stuff
- A Bachelor's Degree is required for this position.
- A Graduate Degree is preferred.
- 10 years of experience in Claims work. Specifically, experience
with Workers' Compensation claims is required, and additional
experience in Field Claims operations, Small Biz insurance claims
and TPA program management is a plus.
- Proven skills for managing team members in various tasks which
can include, work projects, task force assignments, supervisory
responsibilities and direct management.
- Advanced knowledge of managing disputed and litigated
- Demonstrated knowledge from working in commercial and small
business claims operations, as well as partnering with TPA's to
achieve claims objectives.
- Advanced proficiency in communication skills in work
environments that have required collaboration across work groups
and external partners.
- Strong skills using data management and analytical tools--
- Expert level proficiency of analytical skills and understanding
of claims metrics that impact overall company objectives.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- The skills to effectively utilize claim and financial tracking
- Organization and time management skills.
- Multi-faceted leadership style and ability to truly adapt to
all possible challenges and scenarios.
- The ability to fluidly and effortlessly go from these types of
scenarios showcases your ability to model our core shared values to
all stakeholders, be decisive, and show a true ownership
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options).
- Generous--Paid sick leave.--
- Future focused 401k match.
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall;
they're tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our
monthly culture award.--
- Generous parental leave Our goal is to make all aspects of
working with us as easy as Pie! That includes our offer process.
When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work
hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your
knowledge, skills, and experience that you bring, along with your
compensation expectations and align that with our company equity
processes to determine our offer ranges. We value and want to
support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive
compensation package which includes the following:-- Salary Range
$130,000 - $210,000-- Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company
performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team
members.-- Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability,
national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or
other protected characteristic.
Keywords: Lever, Denver , Director of Claims, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!