Director of Legal Services - Milwaukee, WI
Company: Vivent Health
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Director of Legal Services - Milwaukee, WI
Explore our careers page to learn more about the benefits we
Check out our Youtube channel to learn more about Vivent
The Director of Legal Services for the Legal Services Program (LSP)
provides leadership and direction to all LSP staff and interns,
provides competent and zealous legal representation to LSP clients,
and acts as a general advocate for persons living with HIV/AIDS.
The Director shall be an experienced and competent attorney
licensed to practice law in the State which the home office is
Scope of Responsibilities
Vivent Health is one of the nation's largest providers of HIV
prevention, care and treatment services with a budget approaching
$130 million and employing over 400 professionals.
The unique, nationally recognized-- Vivent Health --HIV Medical
Home model of care assures that everyone with HIV has access to
medical, dental, mental health and social services and provides the
best opportunity for patients to achieve high quality health
outcomes.--Vivent Health--also provides aggressive HIV prevention
services to gay men, injection drug users and others at the highest
risk for HIV infection.--
Vivent Health currently --operates in multiple states nationwide .
It embraces a Market Culture to increase access to care, enhance
quality outcomes and achieve and surpass financial performance
expectations and has an aggressive plan to expand into additional
states. Essential Functions
- Manage all aspects of the LSP to include regular staff
meetings; follow Vivent Health policies and procedures; supervise
and evaluate all LSP programs, initiatives, staff, and interns;
maintain accurate client records in electronic and hard copy files;
communicate statistical reports.
- Provide legal representation competently and zealously, attend
court appearances, draft legal documents and legal briefs,
negotiate on behalf of clients' best interest, conduct discovery
and complete appropriate legal research.
- Advocate on HIV issues and the law when doing so does not
adversely affect the best interests-- of any LSP client.
- Develop and implement LSP policies and procedures with periodic
evaluation of the effectiveness of these policies with an eye
toward quality improvement.--
- Delegate LSP cases, projects and duties among LSP staff or
refer cases to community collaborators as appropriate and conduct
regular review of case progress.
- Prepare annual budget and monitor monthly financials. Maximize
revenue by assisting Development and Government Relations in
seeking out new grants and preparing statistical and narrative
reports for applications and reports.
- Maintain state licensure by abiding by rules of professional
responsibility and maintain annual mandatory continuing legal
education (CLE) credits. Utilize continuing education classes and
legal conferences as opportunities to learn about best practices
and new initiatives that could benefit Vivent Health clients and
- Establish collaborations with other agency departments,
especially Case Management and the Medical Center, to help provide
clients integrated, seamless access to needed services and to help
achieve outcomes and goals.
- Build and maintain close rapport and working relationships with
outside community-based organizations and legal associations.
- Manage legal clinics in statewide offices, as appropriate,
offer educational forums or materials to clients, present across
the state on HIV issues and write for Vivent Health publications on
- Provide legal analysis and expertise on HIV legal issues to
Vivent Health executive management when presented with media
requests or potential legislative reform.
- Maintain a relationship with the local law schools as
appropriate to obtain legal interns and clerks throughout the
- Regularly report to the supervisor on all activities.
- Implement special projects and fulfill other duties as assigned
by supervisor. Required-- Qualifications
- Law Degree from an American Bar Association accredited law
- Acceptance and in good standing with the State Bar of
Wisconsin, or eligible for admission
- Admitted to practice in the Eastern District of Wisconsin US
District Court, or eligible for admission
- Maintain the annual mandatory number of Continuing Legal
Education credits Preferred Qualifications
- A minimum of (2) years of legal experience.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of the procedures and processes of the legal
system for the State of Wisconsin and the Tenth Federal Circuit
- Experience working or volunteering with a legal services
program that provides low/no cost legal services to indigent
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the HIV/AIDS patient
population, and/or an eagerness to learn about this community.
- Ability and willingness to become familiar with the local court
rules of each county that LSP serves in the State of Colorado.
- Ability to successfully work independently.
- Comprehensive knowledge and sensitivity to issues surrounding
HIV/AIDS *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
**Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer* *
Vivent Health is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit,
hire, promote and transfer qualified persons into all job
classifications regardless of race, gender, religion, skin color,
national origin or ancestry, physical disability (including
pregnancy) or mental disability, age, gender identity, sexual
orientation, legally protected medical condition, family care
status, marital status, veteran status, genetic characteristics or
any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Vivent
Health complies with other expanded protected classifications that
may be mandated by specific county or municipal regulations. As a
recipient of federal funding, Vivent Health will not hire nor enter
into a contractual relationship with any party that is debarred,
suspended, or excluded from federal assistance programs.
*Public Student Loan Forgiveness*
Employment at our organization may qualify you for federal student
loan forgiveness programs. We do not directly pay for - nor forgive
- federal student loans; however our status as a not-for-profit
organization under Section 501 (c) (3), makes us an eligible
employer. There may be other determining factors for one to
Please follow this URL to review one such program and their
Keywords: Vivent Health, Denver , Director of Legal Services - Milwaukee, WI, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!