Regional Account Director
Company: Ferring Holding SA
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Job Title:Regional Account Director (West)Job
Description:Contribute to outstanding innovation + Make braver
choicesRegional Account DirectorLocation: West (includes WA, OR,
CA, NV, ID, UT, AZ, AK, MT, WY, CO, ND, SD, MN)
--As a privately-owned, specialty healthcare company, Ferring
focuses on developing life-changing innovations that help people
live better lives. Our independence helps us cultivate an
entrepreneurial spirit and long-term perspective that enables us to
achieve growth and scale while remaining agile and true to our
'people first' philosophy. Built on a 70-year commitment to science
and research, Ferring is relentless in pursuit of science that
drives powerful discoveries and therapies to help people build
families, stay healthy, and stand up to the world's oldest enemy:
disease.Summary: The Regional Account Director -West will develop
relationships with new and existing regional accounts in the
geography. The incumbent will develop strategies and implement
tactics to gain, improve and defend market access. This role
contributes to the Market Access team growth by collaborating and
coordinating the development of payer and trade channel strategies.
The Regional Account Director will work jointly with the National
Account Director Team on regional accounts to penetrate local
accounts that impact the overall strategy. Additionally, this
position will be responsible for GPO, Purchasing Coalition and
other unique geographical opportunities. The Regional Account
Director works closely with the National Account Director team,
Pricing, Contracting, Marketing and Field Sales. Responsibilities:
Account Management and Business Development:
- Engages selected strategic accounts representing the 'whole' of
Ferring and its differentiated value (beyond product).
- Collaborates with Market Access Account Directors, Regional
Sales Directors, field sales and internal functions to ensure
market access and formulary placement as well as sales goals,
within assigned accounts.
- Develops strategic engagement for assigned accounts.
- Engages relevant field personnel to achieve sales goals and
maximize customer value.
- Translates market intelligence into concrete and actionable
- Provides guidance to Market Access Account Directors, Regional
Sales Directors, and field sales on the dynamics of the regional
selling environment, formulary status, and pull through campaign
plans, economic influences and physician prescribing habits.
- Engages in contract negotiation where appropriate, consistent
with corporate policy and signing authority.
- Develops the business case and defines how the contracting
opportunity creates a mutually beneficial business relationship,
including value for Ferring.Business Development:
- Manages macro-level strategy to ensure progress toward Ferring
and customer lifetime value goals.
- Creates and manages execution of plans to create mutually
beneficial business relationships and ensure access for Ferring
- Gathers and disseminates market intelligence to enable
identification of market opportunities and threats.
- Provides marketplace insight to Regional Sales Directors and
field sales on key issues of significance for regional trends, the
impact of the accounts that the team manages, and anticipated
customer needs Ferring might be able to address with its product
portfolio and/or value-added services.Corporate Citizenship
- Builds Ferring's image as a leader in regional markets by
engaging in promotional activities and by ensuring attendance at
conventions, meetings and symposiums, where assignedRequirements:
- Bachelor's degree. MBA, or relevant advanced degree,
- The Regional Account Director position requires a track record
of at least 3-5 years of successful sales management experience in
the pharmaceutical industry and/or management of prominent
multi-regional or national managed care accounts or Integrated
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate strong account
planning, analytic skills, financial business acumen, and the
ability to successfully implement strategic programs.
- Must possess the ability to work within a matrix.
- Ability to focus attention on building and maintaining customer
relationships to achieve success is critical.
- Strategic thinking, planning, communication, conflict
management, and demonstrated ability to influence are also critical
requirements. Qualified candidates will understand current issues
regarding the healthcare industry, have the ability to discern
trends, and make appropriate results-based decisions.
- Candidates should also be solution oriented, demonstrate
advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to achieve results
through others with and without a formalized supervisory role.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills, and competency
in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Some travel required-up to 50%.Join our team and you'll become
part of a close-knit family - one in which you'll be listened
to and your contributions valued. Surrounded by like-minded people,
you'll have the support to achieve more. So if you love to come up
with new ways to make a positive difference and see them through,
welcome to the team.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer. EOE
Veterans/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing. Location:Parsippany Posted
30+ Days Ago Full time R0016105 About Us Ferring Pharmaceuticals is
a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group committed to
helping people around the world build families and live better
lives. Ferring is a leader in reproductive medicine and women's
health, and in specialty areas within gastroenterology and urology.
Ferring employs approximately 6,500 people worldwide, has its own
operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its
products in 110 countries. Learn more at www.ferring.com and
@Ferring, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and
Keywords: Ferring Holding SA, Denver , Regional Account Director, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!