Meat Processing Facility Production Manager
Company: FoodMaven Corporation
Posted on: April 5, 2021
FoodMaven is an innovative online marketplace and rapid logistics
company bringing agility and flexibility to the U.S. food system.
The company's goal is to capture and reclaim revenues from lost
food, estimated at $200 billion per year. FoodMaven sells
high-quality local and oversupplied food from distributors,
manufacturers and producers to restaurants and institutional
buyers. With an efficient Internet marketplace, big data
optimization technology, and agile logistics model, FoodMaven is
good for profits, good for people and good for the planet.
FoodMaven operates a USDA protein processing facility that
processes primal cuts into different varieties of custom cut meats
for the food service market. Our preferred candidate for the
Processing Facility Manager role will be an individual with
management experience with full profit and loss responsibility in
meat production, HACCP-certified, entrepreneurially minded,
extremely organized, self-motivated, a natural problem solver,
reliable, who can successfully operate a fast-paced, profitable
facility. We are looking for someone with the right combination of
experience and leadership skills to advance this newly acquired
- Operate an organized and efficient processing facility by
establishing and enforcing manufacturing processes.
- Develop an overall production plan by scheduling and assigning
personnel; setting and accomplishing work goals; establishing
priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving
- Analyze production specifications and plant capacity to
optimize manufacturing processes and labor requirements.
- Collaborate with other operations managers to ensure material
availability, consumer expectations are understood and achieved,
quality goods are produced, and on-time production is
- Resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to
prevent operational delays.
- Ensure after hours response in the event of plant outage and
- Maintain processing equipment including hand or power tools,
mixers, grinders, band saws, fork lift, sausage stuffers, patty
machines, injectors, brickers, wrapping machines, etc.
- Ensure timely maintenance is performed on the facility and its
support systems (plumbing, HVAC, etc.).
- Create and execute a preventive maintenance plan for facility
equipment. Safety and Sanitation:
- Maintain high standards of production quality, food safety,
sanitation, cleanliness, and occupational safety.
- Own and execute the facility sanitation plan.
- Own and execute the facility quality assurance and quality
- Own and execute the facility occupational safety plan, ensuring
safety of facility employees and visitors.
- Own and execute the facility food safety plan, including
traceability and recall functions.
- Ensure compliance with applicable State and Federal
governmental regulations, including but not limited to HACCP, USDA,
PCQI, OSHA, GMP, Health Department Safety Guidelines. Business
- Develop annual budget for the facility and execute to budget to
achieve profit goals.
- Coordinate facility functions to achieve target performance for
cost of goods sold, by controlling costs associated with
ingredients, labor, and overheads.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly meetings and reports.
- Plan and schedule workflow by providing clear direction &
expectations to employees.
- Hold team members accountable for assigned
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and
- Lead a culture of change, where everyone in the facility
understands and strives to achieve the FoodMaven mission and
- Recruit and train new team members.
- Develop new programs to achieve FoodMaven's goal of zero-waste
- Perform all other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and
- Production Planning, Controls and Instrumentation
- Hiring, Supervising, Coaching, Managing Personnel
- Developing Processes and Process Improvement
- Budget Development and Expense Tracking
- Change Management
- Strategic Planning
- Dealing with Complexity Preferred Qualifications:
- Meat handling and processing experience: 5years (Required)
- Management experience with profit and loss responsibility in a
Meat Processing Facility: 2 years (Required)
- HACCP Development: 2years (Required)
- HACCP Certified (Preferred)
- PCQI Certified (Preferred)
- OSHA-30 Certified (Preferred)
- GMP Certified (Preferred)PI
Keywords: FoodMaven Corporation, Denver , Meat Processing Facility Production Manager, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!