Sr. Manager/Director Cloud DevOps
Company: Kalnin Ventures, LLC
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Where City, State OR Zip/Postal (optional) BKV is a dynamic
values-driven corporation with expertise in upstream unconventional
oil and gas investments, and production. We believe our focus on
visionary strategy, efficient execution and high-performing teams
are key to creating long-term sustainable value and growth.
-- JOB SUMMARY: BKV Corporation is looking for a Sr. Cloud DevOps
Manager. This is a hybrid technical and managerial role. The
primary responsibilities of the Sr. Cloud DevOps Manager are to
supervise the rapid evolution of the cloud services in support of
BKV's dynamic growth of our Azure and AWS infrastructures. The role
will be responsible for the overall uptime, change management, and
future planning of the cloud services as well as work with the
Cloud Engineering resources to plan the BC/DR plan.-- The Senior
Cloud/DevOps Manager will also coordinate with IT Services,
Enterprise Applications and network engineering to design and
deliver a best-in-class architecture that supports the company's IT
service, VDI, and application strategy. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Sets
the strategy for the network and cloud network infrastructure to
support the business. Responsible for the overall uptime and
delivery of cloud infrastructure services. Typical tasks the role
is responsible for include:
- Develop the standard operating procedures and architectural
guidelines which will eventually have junior engineers and MSPs
build upon to support.
- Propose and lead projects for internal IT cloud and hybrid
infrastructure improvement and evolution - ensure quality delivery
of services and application experience.
- Found and guide the DevOps practice for service delivery and
future state (crawl, walk, run).
- Manage vendors, contractors, and teams in support of the cloud
- Identify and implement an enterprise monitoring strategy for
supporting vendors and teams to monitor and proactively detect
- Support cloud design and integration of enterprise applications
to increase availability, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Provide valuable insight for M&A and integration tasks,
advise and lead integration efforts from a cloud infrastructure
- Coordinate with VP of IT with annual budget requests
- Maintain process to right-size cloud infrastructure spend and
- Oversee the Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure in alignment with
the IT Strategic Plan and Future Roadmap
- Analyze business requirements to identify and implement cloud
solutions that improve the business processes and seek ways to
integrate programs or services in collaboration with
- Develop and manage Request for Information (RFI) and Request
for Proposals (RFP) for new software and hardware.
- Recommend, discover, negotiate, and manage any 3 rd party
support for supplemental or outsourced Infrastructure support,
- Translate business requirements into technical processes and
system solutions that are aligned with the IT department strategic
plan and industry best practices.
- Develop contingency plans to cover various systems failure
scenarios and applications software systems recovery and
- Manage and maintains end-user access to systems via AWS
Workspaces. Keeps users informed on the progress of maintenance.
Documents activities utilizing an IT Service Management tool.
Submits monthly reports on significant activity.
- Perform other duties as required. QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related progressively responsible
- Proven track in leading vendors and technical teams to develop
architecture and implement cloud-based solutions.
- Expert in Cloud Infrastructures, infrastructure management,
Infrastructure-as-Code, SCADA/IoT, DevOps and tools, enterprise
applications, technical documentation, and quality management.
- Microsoft, AWS, Azure, other technical related certifications
- Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of business
analysis, business process improvement, project management and
- Working knowledge of management and implementation of public
cloud services, such as AWS, Azure, and/or GCP, with a focus on
IaaS and PaaS.
- Systems analysis, hardware and cloud resource forecasting, and
- Project management methodologies and practices.
- Working knowledge and advanced proficiency in the Microsoft
- IAM and PaaS implementations within an AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Knowledge of the general principles and practices of personnel
management and supervision, organizational development, and
- Skill in identifying, communicating, and clarifying problems to
Executives and key stakeholders.
- Thirst for learning new methods and evolutions in technology in
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong customer advocacy and customer relationship skills.
- Skill in organizing resources, establishing priorities, and
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational
needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Ability to motivate, supervise, train, and lead employees and
- Experience in dynamic growth environment and Oil and Gas
companies will be considered a plus. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The job is based in Denver, Colorado at BKV Corporate
headquarters. However, other locations will be considered for
- Occasional travel may be required and would be on an as needed
basis. Currently estimated to be less than 20%, however, dependent
on location. REPORTING STRUCTURE:
- This role will report directly to Vice President of IT.
Cloud expert, team leadership, vendor management, communication,
collaboration, problem solving
Pay Range $112,000.00 Annually to $195,000.00 Annually
Keywords: Kalnin Ventures, LLC, Denver , Sr. Manager/Director Cloud DevOps, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!