Director of Middle School Math and Secondary STEM (2021-2022
Company: STRIVE Prep Schools
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Director of Middle School Math and Secondary STEM (2021-2022)
Position: Director of Middle School Math and Secondary STEM
Reports to: Chief Academic Officer
Location: STRIVE Prep- Central Office (Denver, CO)
Salary: $60,000 - $75,000* STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community
of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive
for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover
and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to
succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2020
Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is
like here .-- We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep's
core values every day: Core Beliefs - Achievement--
- Commitment 1: I commit to celebrating academic and personal
success for all.
- Commitment 2: I commit to holding myself and others accountable
to high expectations.
- Commitment 3: I commit to bringing passion and joy to my work.
Core Beliefs - Justice--
- Commitment 1: I commit to intentionally disrupt inequity, bias,
and systems of oppression.
- Commitment 2: I commit to creating an environment of safe body,
mind, and heart.
- Commitment 3: I commit to building a community where each
person can bring their full, authentic self. Core Beliefs -
- Commitment 1: I commit to the belief that we grow and get
smarter through effort and by making mistakes.
- Commitment 2: I commit to showing up Con Ganas, where we never
give up even when the work is hard.
- Commitment 3: I commit to showing up with integrity and doing
the right thing even when the road is tough.-- THE CHALLENGE Do you
want to support MS Math teachers and coaches to deliver excellent
instruction and see amazing student learning outcomes? Your
challenge will be to support approximately 30 middle school math
teachers in effectively utilizing two common network curriculums to
iterate onto foster a love of math in students and support students
in developing proficiency and mastery as mathematicians, problem
solvers, and critical thinkers. Working with the Director of
Secondary Science, Director of Innovation, our tech and operation
teams, consult and enhance our current science and math curriculums
to offer scholars an updated learning experience. The Director of
Middle School Math and Secondary STEM will work with members of the
centrally-based Academic Team, Middle School teachers, and campus
administrators to ensure that we implement our curriculum with a
high level of integrity and fidelity and that we utilize the strong
resources provided to meet the needs of every STRIVE Prep student.
The Director of Middle School Math and Secondary STEM will work to
streamline standards across our 6th - 12th programming and work on
content collaboration opportunities. The ideal candidate will bring
a passion for forging strong relationships with teachers and
leaders while also holding high standards for curriculum and
instruction at STRIVE Prep. In addition, all candidates must have
strong content knowledge in math and science, in-depth
understanding of Common Core standards, as well as a high capacity
for problem-solving, logistics, building investment, and
coordinating details in a fast-paced environment within a position
that directly supports all seven STRIVE Prep middle schools.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS With the must-haves driving your daily approach
to the work, the successful Director of Middle School Math and
Secondary STEM will perform the essential functions of the role for
STRIVE Prep's seven middle schools. Vision and Capacity-Building:
- Support strong implementation of standards-aligned curriculum
across seven middle school campuses.
- Evaluate our current curriculum and determine areas for
infusing social justice-based thematic programming within the
context of the current curriculum
- Upon evaluation of materials, determine what, if any areas may
need to be completely revamped in order to more closely align with
relevant, social justice-based themes to create meaningful math and
science learning in our classrooms.--
- Support a variety of teachers along their journey to execute
critical pedagogy in their math and science materials and daily
lessons by providing direct coaching to teachers.
- Create connections with outside organizations to bring STEM to
life in real-life context. Partner to bring mentoring, discussions,
Q & A sessions, or an event connecting scholars to the STEM
- Provide direct on-going support to instructional coaches to
build their capacity in coaching excellent implementation of the
math and science curriculum.
- Regularly share best practices and curricular resources with
- Develop, plan, and lead high-quality professional development
for teachers and instructional coaches to build capacity in
teaching reading and writing well.
- Ensure that STRIVE Prep's math and science programming includes
best practices for supporting English Language Learners and
students receiving Special Education services.-- Curriculum
Development and Resources:
- Oversee all Middle School math and consult with science courses
to ensure coherence and alignment. (i.e. consistency of resources,
normed grading practices, etc.)
- Work directly with Course Leads (teacher leaders) to support
development and continuous refinement of high-quality, core
curricular resources aligned to our common network curriculum.
- Regularly analyze student performance data to drive curricular
refinement and prioritization.
- Work with instructional coaches to ensure clear understanding
of curricular choices, themes, and priorities.
- Work with teachers to regularly share best practices, including
strong lesson plans, reteach plans, and reassessments.
- Support teacher leaders in leveraging collaborative learning
time to increase teacher capacity around standards, instruction,
planning, data analysis, etc. in their content area by providing
suggested agendas, data analysis protocols, and guidance on
unpacking standards or assessment items.--
- Support the development of normed grading protocols and
facilitate collaboration in reviewing student work.--
- Develop and lead content-specific Professional Development (PD)
modules and opportunities to be used during collaborative learning
- Develop and lead network summer training sessions in math
curriculum internalization and implementation.
- Lead with equity literacy - the knowledge and skills that
enable us to recognize, respond to, and redress conditions that
deny some students access to educational and other opportunities
enjoyed by their peers.
- Lead with cultural competence - the knowledge, behaviors, and
dispositions necessary to effectively interact with people across
- Bachelor Degree in Science or Math--
- Three or more years of math and/ or science teaching
experience-- Preferred Requirements
- Two or more years coaching math and/or science teachers-- --
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS This is a full-time exempt position and is
eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- *Competitive base compensation based on years of required
experience and other relevant factors allowable by Colorado law and
STRIVE Prep policy.--
- Health benefits (eligibility for full-time employees only)
- 100% employer-paid premium for employee-only medical
- Company Paid Employee Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life (Employee, Spouse, Child)
- Voluntary Critical Illness & Accidental Coverage--
- Applicable Pay for Performance increase upon successful
completion of a full school year
- Time off benefits (eligibility for full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Vacation Time (PVT) for Central Office staff
- Paid Designated Breaks
- Up to 6 weeks of paid Family Leave (upon eligibility)
- Paid Sabbatical (upon eligibility)-- -- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT
OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION STRIVE Prep is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
age, disability, or any other status protected by law or
regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory
education for all students in our community the norm, rather than
the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and
sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting
processes that are free from bias. For issues accessing
striveprep.org, please contact email@example.com. You have been
redirected to a STRIVE Prep Schools job page
Keywords: STRIVE Prep Schools, Denver , Director of Middle School Math and Secondary STEM (2021-2022, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!