Structural Engineer- Project Manager
Company: TC Industries Of Canada Company
Posted on: February 25, 2021
This role is responsible for structural engineering project
management and success on multi-family and multi-use building
construction types. Performing engineering oversight in Responsible
Charge, as defined by state regulations, on multiple projects
simultaneously. Structural Project Managers are responsible for the
structural engineering; scope, budget, schedule, quality,
resources, and stakeholder management both internally and
externally. Mentorship to subordinate engineers while being
pro-active in company and department development is expected.
Business development participation, as a technical lead, is
- Achievement- This is the drive to work towards a standard of
excellence. It may reflect individual performance, improvement,
result orientation, competitiveness, challenging goals, or
- Initiative- Action taken to address a current or future
problem, obstacle, or opportunity. Initiative should be seen in the
context of proactively doing things and not simply thinking about
- Analytical, Problem Solving, and Decision- Making Skills -
Ability to solve complex problems and clearly communicating
decisions based on business needs.
- Results Focused - Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals
within a determined timeframe and quality expectations.
- Impact and Influence- Implies the intention to persuade or
convince others to get their support. It is based on the intent to
have a specific impact or effect on the behavior of others who have
their own agendas.
- Change Leadership- Initiates and manages change. Has the
ability to energize and alert groups to the need for specific
changes in the way things are done.
- Organizational Awareness- The ability to understand power
relationships within the organization or in other relevant
organizations. This includes the ability to identify who the real
decision-makers and stakeholders are; the individuals who can
influence them; and to predict how new events or situations will
affect individuals and groups within the organization.
- Teamwork- Implies the readiness to take on the role of a team
member (as opposed to leader), and to work cooperatively with
others. It involves working together, as opposed to working
separately or competitively.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills - The ability to behave
professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate
high standards and good communication skills with colleagues,
suppliers, vendors, and others in the organization.
- Implement working education and experienced-based knowledge of;
structural steel, light-gauge steel, and concrete engineering to
oversee and provide guidance for structural drawings and
calculations for building construction of up to 17 stories in
height. Building construction types will be a mixture of
pre-fabricated components and potentially cast-in-place
- Monitor and control project's; scope, budget, schedule,
quality, resources and stakeholder management.
- Act in Responsible Charge, as defined by the project's state,
of structural engineering services.
- Provide guidance and review work of subordinate's engineering
- Provide continued mentorship to less experienced
- Implement original engineering knowledge to guide economical
- Be pro-active in suggesting and implementing operational
changes, as seen appropriate, that would create economy in design
time and material required. Other Duties/Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities may include hiring, training, planning,
assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding
and counseling direct reports, addressing complaints, and resolving
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Architectural Engineering (ABET
Accredited) with structural emphasis.
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (ABET Accredited) with
- Minimum 10 years of design experience.
- Civil Professional Engineer registration (PE) by examination
with structural depth.
- Structural Engineer (SE) registration in any state.
- California Professional Engineer (PE) registration a plus.
- Experience must be with building structural design. Material
design experience must include structural steel, light-gauge steel,
masonry, and cast-in-place concrete. Post-tensioned concrete design
experience preferred. Knowledge of seismic design for SDC D and
above is required.
- Experience successfully implementing the project management
body of knowledge
- Working knowledge of current industry software including Revit,
MS Office, RAM Concept, ETABS, ROBOT, LPILE, ENERCALC, SP Column,
and RISA-3D is preferred
- Seismic design experience required. Supervisory
Responsibilities: This role has supervisory and management
responsibilities over designers and design managers. Work
Environment: This role typically works in an office environment and
uses a computer, telephone, and other office equipment as needed to
perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical
of that of an office. Incumbent may encounter frequent
interruptions throughout the workday. Position Type: This is a
full-time, exempt level position. Physical Demands: The employee is
regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to
use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk,
reach, bend or lift up to 20 pounds. The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice. Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful
Harassment Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: TC Industries Of Canada Company, Denver , Structural Engineer- Project Manager, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!