VP - IP Video Operations
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Responsible for directing the implementation, deployment,
management, operation and restoration of IP Video services. The VP,
IP Video Operations will also be accountable for acquisition,
contract negotiations and ancillary solutions to support National
initiatives that involve the Content Delivery Network (CDN) and
Digital Add Insertion (DAI). The role consists of helping drive the
strategic direction of Video Operations initiatives that support
the strategy and goals of the corporation. Organizes and supports
Video functions including Video hardware and software architecture
development and maintenance, system and network design/analysis and
enterprise network development and administration. Sets Video
Operations standards, policies and/or master plan for the Video
function. Champions the development and acquisition of new
technologies and tools to improve the organization's internal
operations and video delivery. Identifies and develops new
technological directions. Champions the organization in their
deployment. Advises top management on enhancements to existing
applications and implementation of new systems. Provides strategic
guidance to corporate and field management on Video Operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees a functional area of the Video Operations organization
in the design, implementation, maintenance, enhancement or
troubleshooting of local network and/or video equipment and signal
- Sets the Video Operations plan according to the Engineering and
- Ensures field compliance with corporate engineering standards,
policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the function's budgets and approves related
- Creates and successfully manages to multi-million dollar
- Negotiates multi-million dollar contracts with third-party
- Notifies corporate leadership of regional activities and
- Establishes and maintains strong relations with local
utilities, vendors, contractors and government agencies.
- Supports the maintenance and enhancement of networks and
hardware and software systems that support field business
applications.BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or other
related field and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum twelve (12) years of experience in Video
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in Engineering
- Minimum ten (10) years of Leadership Experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Project Management.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Capable of managing cross-functional teams, communicating with
all levels of management while making decisions and solving
problems while working under pressure.
- Able to prioritize and organize effectively, as well as,
demonstrate project management experience.
- Knowledge of PC and presentation tool skills including MS Excel
- Ability to develop, communicate, implement strategies and
tactics while managing and delivering against several initiatives
- Understanding of the company products and services we
- Advanced knowledge of Video Solutions and Conditional Access
Systems (DAC, DNCS, DCAS).
- Advanced knowledge of VOD, SDV and CDN architectures and
- Advanced knowledge of MPEG2, MPEG4, transcoding, & other
- Strong knowledge of IP Video Delivery solutions and Federal
Communications Commission regulations.
- Working knowledge of IP Multi-cast.
- Knowledge of all FCC compliance reports and other rules and
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable local and state rules
- Knowledge of Analog Transmission Line Theory, Electrical
Theory, Fiber Optic theory and National Electric Code and National
Electric Safety Code.
- Organizational and Strategic Agility.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- MS, MBA and/or certifications in Video Operations or Project
- SCTE-BCT/E certification or equivalent.
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and
- Office Environment.
- Travel Required.
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education;
negotiations begin at $142600
For more information on Spectrum's benefits, please click .
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , VP - IP Video Operations, Executive , Conifer, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!