Managing Director (2021-2022
Company: STRIVE Prep Schools
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Position: Managing Director
Reports to: Chief Schools Officer
Salary: $110,000-$120,000* STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community
of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive
for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover
and develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to
succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our-- 2020
Impact Report --and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep
is like-- here .-- We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE
Prep's core values every day: Core Beliefs - Achievement--
- Commitment 1: I commit to celebrating academic and personal
success for all.
- Commitment 2: I commit to holding myself and others accountable
to high expectations.
- Commitment 3: I commit to bringing passion and joy to my work.
Core Beliefs - Justice--
- Commitment 1: I commit to intentionally disrupt inequity, bias,
and systems of oppression.
- Commitment 2: I commit to creating an environment of safe body,
mind, and heart.
- Commitment 3: I commit to building a community where each
person can bring their full, authentic self. Core Beliefs -
- Commitment 1: I commit to the belief that we grow and get
smarter through effort and by making mistakes.
- Commitment 2: I commit to showing up Con Ganas, where we never
give up even when the work is hard.
- Commitment 3: I commit to showing up with integrity and doing
the right thing even when the road is tough.-- OVERVIEW OF
Managing Directors are the senior leaders in the organization
ultimately responsible for the success of the schools in their
portfolio. They supervise Principals directly and lead the
cross-functional work ensuring Principals have the resources,
support, strategic guidance, and coaching to excel. They are
members of the senior leadership of the network and each owns an
additional network strategy beyond school support. THE MUST-HAVES
- You prioritize social justice AND academic excellence as a
leader of leaders. Your experience in education demonstrates the
capacity to lead through others to achieve transformational
academic gains. You are a champion of social justice and
restorative practices and know they are integral in ensuring strong
academic results, student agency, and preparing students to be
agents of change. You treat each student as if they are your own
and expect your colleagues to do the same. You know this is key to
building and fostering an inclusive, high-performance environment
where students and staff are known, empowered, and trusted to be
active collaborators to ensure each student's success.
- You have a strong lens on diversity, equity, and inclusion
(DEI). --You value diverse perspectives, seek feedback to inform
the work and keep those on the top of the margin of mind, which
enables you to truly maintain an inclusive school environment. You
proactively build meaningful and authentic relationships with your
Principals, teachers, support staff, parents, students, & community
members. You bring a deep belief in equity and action-oriented
commitment to advancing DEI work, and you galvanize others to do
- You execute the network vision for school culture and academic
outcomes. You are a leader who is able to inspire trust,
camaraderie, and support amongst your team to achieve success. You
are a strong collaborator/communicator/problem solver who keeps the
vision front of mind while inspiring students and adults and
removing roadblocks that impact success. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS--
Management of Schools:
- Observe and support schools regularly and partner with
Principals to constantly evaluate and improve instruction,
curriculum implementation, culture systems, and other aspects of
the educational program.
- Use student achievement data to make decisions; build a culture
of data-driven instruction throughout the network.
- Support Principals in the growth of their staff through
consistent, high-quality coaching and professional
- Support Principals to build and sustain strong staff culture,
student culture, and family engagement.--
- Support Principals with the attraction and retention of
- Manage a portfolio of 3-4 schools in the Denver metro area.
Management of Principals :
- Provide Principals with structured, weekly core work on the
academic strategy, with frequent coaching and feedback.
- Support planning and implementation of summer and school-year
training for all network instructional leaders.
- Participate in hiring of Principals, Principal Fellows, and
- Design and lead professional development for Principals and
- Model and hold adults accountable for excellence.
- Internalize and model STRIVE's Core Beliefs in all staff
- Model professionalism at all times and set staff expectations
around professionalism. Network Leadership:
- Build a culture of collaboration and communication among
- Support the network academic strategy by promoting the
implementation of curricular and instructional priorities through
regular observation and feedback.
- Research and identify best practices within STRIVE Prep and
from other organizations and help share these practices
- Collaborate with the STRIVE Prep central office to support
operational compliance, student recruitment, and talent functions.
Provide both input and accountability such that campus needs are
- Serve as a member of STRIVE Prep's senior leadership team.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES (MAY INCLUDE)
- Management of Weekly Principal Email
- License procurement
- Middle School Culture support REQUIREMENTS (OR PREFERENCES
- Bachelor's degree--
- Minimum of three years of classroom teaching experience
- Minimum of three years of Principal experience
- Experience working with an emphasis on data-driven instruction
and demonstrable gains in student achievement--
- Speaks Spanish and has experience working with bilingual
students (Strongly preferred)--
- Demonstrated success working with students of color (Strongly
- Experience in Title I schools (Strongly preferred)
- Experience in a charter network (Strongly preferred)
- Experience working in a school setting with students with
varied disabilities (Strongly preferred)
- Leadership development experience (Strongly preferred)
- Campus culture management experience (Strongly preferred
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This--- ---is--- ---a--- full-time exempt ---position--- ---and---
---is--- ---eligible--- ---for--- ---the---
following--------compensation--- ---and--- ---benefits:--
- *Competitive base compensation based on years of K-12 teacher
of record experience and other relevant factors allowable by
Colorado law and STRIVE Prep policy.--
- Health benefits (eligibility for full-time employees only)
- 100% employer-paid premium for employee-only medical
- Company Paid Employee Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life (Employee, Spouse, Child)
- Voluntary Critical Illness & Accidental Coverage--
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program--
- Participation-- in the-- Colorado Public Employee Retirement
Association (PERA) --pension program (in lieu of Social Security
tax) with an option to elect into a competitive 401(k) plan.
- Applicable Pay for Performance increase upon successful
completion of a full school year.
- Time off benefits (eligibility for full-time employees only)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Designated Breaks
- Up to 6 weeks of paid Family Leave (upon eligibility)
- Paid Sabbatical (upon eligibility)-- --EQUAL EMPLOYMENT
OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other
status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a
college preparatory education for all students in our community the
norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed
to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and
recruiting processes that are free from bias.
Keywords: STRIVE Prep Schools, Denver , Managing Director (2021-2022, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!