Director Global Mobility
Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont
(www.newmont.com ) is one of the largest gold companies in the
world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has
approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority
working at Newmont's core operations in the United States,
Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold
company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the
first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones
Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance
is reflected through high standards in environmental management,
health and safety for its employees and creating value and
opportunity for host communities and shareholders. About this role
What will you be responsible for?
- Leads Newmont's Global Mobility function ensuring that the
function supports the requirements of the business, in alignment
with Newmont's talent management strategy, philosophy and high
standards for legal compliance.
- Defines and coordinates a Global Mobility program which takes
into consideration standard methodologies in the use of expatriate
employees, cost and control considerations and tradeoffs, the need
for focused development and localization strategies, management of
a multi-national/multi-cultural expatriate population, and
compensation, taxation, and benefits issues across multiple
pay-lines, payrolls and currency systems.
- Develops a hard-working, diverse and inclusive team; engages
employees and builds an environment where everyone can contribute
fully to achieve the organization's objectives.
In this role you will Here is a snapshot of what your day to day
will look like:
- Leads a distributed team and collaborate closely with Corporate
and Regional HR partners to deliver services to the business
- Design and administration of Global Mobility policies that are
legally compliant and standard methodology based while taking into
account the multi-country aspects of Newmont's business and
ensuring fit for purpose.
- Assurance of compliance in the areas of immigration and tax
through the administration of immigration and tax equalization
- Manage risk through thoughtful administration and appropriate
partner concern of issues.
- Conducting benchmarking, policy research, analysis, updates and
revisions to ensure Newmont's Global Mobility program is aligned
with market, business needs and regulatory compliance.
- Support to expatriate employees through the assignment life
cycle from pre-assignment to repatriation.
- Management of timely and accurate transactional activity -
offer letters, transfer documentation, systems updates - and in
ensuring that outstanding customer service is achieved and that SLA
(Service Level Agreement) standards are met.
- Maintains a 1-3 year plan for the function, including a roadmap
for increased efficiency and effectiveness and taking into account
modifications required to support a changing business
- Plans and manages annual budget; maintains a multi-year view of
investments including technology.
- Partner with the HR Business partners and Regional HR teams to
ensure timely communication and proactive management of Global
Mobility scenarios. Serves as internal consultants for
sophisticated, non-standard and/or detailed mobility situations,
engaging internal and external resources, as needed, to provide
- Provides expertise in areas such as entry into a new geographic
- Makes decisions on topics within existing policy and standards;
blocking issue point for clarification of guidelines. Makes
recommendations for improvements to existing policies and
- Selects external partners and manages relationships to
effectively serve internal clients and meet objectives. Key
relationships include tax consultants, relocation vendors, and
- Establishes clear roles and responsibilities for the team;
works with team members to set annual objectives. Coaches and
develops direct reports; establishes a hard-working, diverse and
- Establishes effective internal and external relationships that
enable business results. The above duties and responsibilities are
representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not
-- Your training, skills, and experience checklist Here is what we
would need to see from you!
- Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years' experience in the area of
Human Resources or Legal, with experience in International HR,
Expatriate management, Tax Compliance, Work Authorization
/Immigration, Relocation and Frequent Business Travelers.
- Experience designing, developing and implementing Global
Mobility and Relocation programs,
- Knowledge of standard methodologies in Global Mobility in the
mining, EPCM or natural resources industries.
- Experience as an expat preferred.
- Ability to work within a multinational corporation with people
from various cultures and areas of the business.
- Experience leading a team of direct reports. Skills and
- Ability to balance competing priorities: time, costs, quality,
control and the need for flexibility, etc.
- Ability to build collaborative and trusting relationships
across a diverse set of partners.
- Effective communicator; can distill sophisticated information
to its essence and provide clear explanations and path forward. Is
thoughtful about how communication flows and who should be
- Global Attitude: understands and considers the perspectives of
a diverse set of partners and situations
- Decision-making and Problem Solving; proven track record to
work through sophisticated and/or ambiguous circumstances to
efficiently arrive at a path forward.
Working conditions & location Where you will be located!
- Our corporate office located in Denver. The salary range
offered for this role is $ 148,160 to 194,460 . The salary range is
tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The
salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on
job-related education, training, and/or experience. The salary
offer will not be based on a candidate's salary history at other
jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about salary
history, and candidates should not share such information with
Newmont. This role will be eligible for participation in a
discretionary annual bonus program, pursuant to which an employee
may be awarded a percentage of their salary based on the company's
performance and their own individual performance. This role also
will be eligible for participation in a discretionary long-term
incentive program, pursuant to which an employee may receive awards
based on their level and individual performance. Newmont offers a
competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical,
mental, financial and emotional wellbeing. This role will be
eligible for the following benefits: Medical, prescription drug,
dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health
savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment
insurance; short and long-term disability; 401(k) program with
company match; pension; financial planning; employee assistance
program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent scholarship program;
tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family
leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto and pet
insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable
eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or
terminated at Newmont's sole discretion.
Keywords: Newmont Mining Corporation, Denver , Director Global Mobility, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!