Senior Manager, DOCSIS Capacity
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Responsible for providing guidance and direction to the Capacity
Network Engineering team on day-to-day activities regarding
monitoring the capacity of the network. This position is
responsible for daily capacity plans and designs for an assigned
geographic area. Contributing to the long term capacity management
strategy, this position will collaborate on design and
specifications of new architectures and spectrum needs for new
products and services while ensuring an exceptional level of
technical performance, work quality and optimal customer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops a disciplined, detailed and structured team to drive a
high performance culture and environment.
- Provides engineering support and direction for new or existing
technologies and current operational initiatives.
- Maintain networks at proper capacity operational levels and
consistent with company standards.
- Work with staff to ensure that individual team metrics and
goals are being met.
- Create forecasting models to reflect planned enterprise
activities and expected customer growth while ensuring an excellent
- Manage the CMTS and CCAP budgets for the DOCSIS group and
interacting with vendors to procure quotes and shipping dates for
- Generates detailed budgets based on forecasting models and
identifies costs for various business models to help Senior
management make informed decisions.
- Ensures required reports are timely, accurate and
- Provides technical guidance and assistance as required for
- Oversees the daily activities of Network Services and performs
direct supervision of team members, including performance reviews,
career development, and staffing.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable and knows, understands and follows
- Establishes positive employee relations through effective
communication and ongoing support.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
- Evaluates and consults senior levels of leadership (i.e. GVP
and above) regarding DOCSIS Solutions & Services to ensure an
excellent customer experience.BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or related field and / or
equivalent work experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years Network Operations and / or
- Minimum of six (6) years management experience in a 24/7
- Minimum of three (3) years Project management
experienceADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Thorough knowledge of E-QAM Limitations and understanding of
QAM deployment in an MSO environment.
- Experience with gathering and charting technical
- Knowledge in the implementation and operation of a wide range
of technologies including DOCSIS, ICMTS, MCMTS, RF Combining
networks, Fiber, Switched Digital Video systems, Video on Demand
systems, and the customer premise equipment associated with each
service delivery technology.
- Complete understanding of RF technologies and CATV spectrum
use, MPEG 2, MPEG 4, MPTS, and SPTS transport knowledge.
- SDV knowledge / Narrowcast video deployment and familiarity
with hub wiring/combining techniques.
- Capable of analyzing and interpreting data
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working
under pressure, as well as work independently
- Capable of managing multiple projects at one time while
prioritizing and organize effectively
- Experience with Network and Element Management tools
- Knowledge of cable, voice and data communications networks,
associated elements, LAN/WAN design and operations, as well as
TCP/IP, SNMP and HFC networks
- Ability to use personal computer and software application as
well as knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and maintain
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to
communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the
phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward,
and professional mannerPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
(Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI,
SCTE, BCT/E)WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office Environment
- Occasional travel as required#LI-NO
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education;
negotiations begin at $90600
For more information on Spectrum's benefits, please click .
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Senior Manager, DOCSIS Capacity, Executive , Pine, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!