Special Education Multi-Intensive Center Director (2021-2022
Company: STRIVE Prep Schools
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Special Education Multi-Intensive Center Director (2021-2022)
Special Education and Student Services STRIVE Prep - Ruby Hill,
Denver 2021-2022 School Year POSITION DESCRIPTION
Note: This application is only open to those with a current Special
Education Teaching license and 2+ year of K-12 lead teaching
experience. Position: Multi-Intensive (MI) Center Director
Reports to: Assistant Principal of Student Services
Location: STRIVE Prep- Ruby Hill
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000* STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community
of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive
for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover
and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to
succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2020
Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is
like here .-- We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep's
core values every day: Core Beliefs - Achievement--
- Commitment 1: I commit to celebrating academic and personal
success for all.
- Commitment 2: I commit to holding myself and others accountable
to high expectations.
- Commitment 3: I commit to bringing passion and joy to my work.
Core Beliefs - Justice--
- Commitment 1: I commit to intentionally disrupt inequity, bias,
and systems of oppression.
- Commitment 2: I commit to creating an environment of safe body,
mind, and heart.
- Commitment 3: I commit to building a community where each
person can bring their full, authentic self. Core Beliefs -
- Commitment 1: I commit to the belief that we grow and get
smarter through effort and by making mistakes.
- Commitment 2: I commit to showing up Con Ganas, where we never
give up even when the work is hard.
- Commitment 3: I commit to showing up with integrity and doing
the right thing even when the road is tough.-- ESSENTIAL
- Provides instruction and services for students who frequently
present with multiple disabilities. Curriculum emphasis is-- in the
domain areas of basic skills and concepts (including functional
academics), recreation and leisure, community, vocational and skill
development. Motor, communication and social skills are infused
throughout all areas.
- Managing and leading a team of paraprofessionals in providing
one-on-one instructional and behavioral support to center students,
including teaching social and adaptive skills, providing small
group or one-on-one academic instruction, and pushing-in and
supporting students in a general education setting, as needed.
- Work closely with district support staff and managing DPS
- Collaborate with school leadership, teachers,
paraprofessionals, and the special education team to ensure that
instruction is always meeting the needs of all learners, including
supporting student inclusion in general education classrooms and
supporting the team in tracking students on their Individualized
Education Plan (IEP) goals on a daily basis.
- Collect and use data to track student growth, and create or
modify student IEPs.
- Provide fair, accurate, and constructive feedback to students
on their progress.
- Build relationships with students and families through
consistent partnership and communication.
- Work in collaboration with para-educators to support students
in daily living activities including feeding, toileting,
communication, movement, etc.
- Collaborate with multiple staffing team members to ensure all
services are being provided to each student. Culture:
- Refer to students using first-person language (i.e. "Josue is a
student with autism" not "Josue is an autistic student).
- Actively listen to all directions given in the classroom and be
ready to repeat these instructions to students multiple times, if
- Attend students' lunchtime when possible in order to build
relationships outside of the learning environment.
- Provide supervision of students during both lunch and recess
- Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit
their input and share student social and academic progress.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and grade level
- Participate in regular instructional coaching meetings and
content-based department meetings.
- Participate in STRIVE Prep's Summer Training Institute as well
as professional development throughout the school year.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree
- Two years of SpEd teaching experience
- A current Special Education Teaching License PREFERRED
- Strong understanding of instructional strategies to support
Emergent Bilinguals / Language Learners--
- Experience working with historically marginalized communities
in any setting
- Strong understanding of achieving academic excellence through
culturally responsive teaching and critical pedagogy framework
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- *Competitive base compensation based on years of K-12 teacher
of record experience and other relevant factors allowable by
Colorado law and STRIVE Prep policy.--
- Health benefits (eligibility for full-time employees only)
- 100% employer-paid premium for employee-only medical
- Company Paid Employee Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life (Employee, Spouse, Child)
- Voluntary Critical Illness & Accidental Coverage--
- Applicable Pay for Performance increase upon successful
completion of a full school year
- Time off benefits (eligibility for full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Designated Breaks
- Up to 6 weeks of paid Family Leave (upon eligibility)
- Paid Sabbatical (upon eligibility)-- -- --EQUAL EMPLOYMENT
OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION STRIVE Prep is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
age, disability, or any other status protected by law or
regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory
education for all students in our community the norm, rather than
the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and
sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting
processes that are free from bias.
For issues accessing striveprep.org, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org. You have been redirected to a STRIVE Prep
Schools job page
Keywords: STRIVE Prep Schools, Denver , Special Education Multi-Intensive Center Director (2021-2022, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!