Company: Atara Biotherapeutics, Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Atara Biotherapeutics is a pioneer in T-cell immunotherapy
leveraging its novel allogeneic EBV T-cell platform to develop
transformative therapies for patients with severe diseases
including solid tumors, hematologic cancers and autoimmune disease.
With our lead program in Phase 3 clinical development, Atara is the
most advanced allogeneic T-cell immunotherapy company and intends
to rapidly deliver off-the-shelf treatments to patients with high
unmet medical need. Atara is applying its platform to create a
robust pipeline including: tab-cel-- (tabelecleucel) in Ph3
development for Epstein-Barr virus-driven post-transplant
lymphoproliferative disease (EBV+ PTLD); ATA188, a T-cell
immunotherapy targeting EBV antigens as a potential treatment for
multiple sclerosis; and multiple next-generation chimeric antigen
receptor T-cell (CAR-T) immunotherapies for both solid tumors and
hematologic malignancies. Our investigational off-the-shelf T-Cells
are intended for rapid delivery from inventory to patients.
Improving patients' lives is our mission, and we will never stop
working to bring transformative therapies to those with serious
medical conditions. Position Summary
Leads and builds world class infrastructure for optimal US
reimbursement and key account relationships for the launch of
tab-cel-- as well as the overall company portfolio.
Reports to SVP, Chief Commercial Officer Location South San
Francisco, CA or Thousand Oaks, CA. Remote location will be
considered.-- Travel May be required (up to 20%)
- Responsible for all US payer marketing to prepare for the
launch of tab-cel-- (so that the therapy's value is
well-articulated, understood and reimbursed by payer customers) and
the Atara pipeline.
- Builds and leads the Atara national payer account to ensure
rapid payer and institutional formulary adoption for
- Partners with Brand Marketing, Medical Affairs, and HEOR to
ensure that payer account teams compliantly reinforce overall
product strategy and company performance objectives.
- Partners with Brand Marketing and Commercial Analytics to
conduct highly innovative research/analytics to help identify and
overcome barriers to access and uptake.
- Provides input into the underlying strategy as well as executes
all payer contracting, establishing clear discipline to achieve
both price and access objectives.
- Collaborates with functions throughout the firm in achieving
commercial goals and supporting the progress of the business and
- Influences without authority and successfully collaborates and
negotiates to align cross-functional interests.
- Develops and administers budgets, resource plans and
performance objectives for his/her team and area. Qualifications
- 15+ years in Bio/Pharma.
- BS required and an advanced degree desired.
- US payer marketing and national accounts experience.
- Experience managing a team of account professionals.
- Established payer customer relationships (commercial and public
payers); direct customer experience coupled with demonstrated
- Experience in multiple new product launches/new therapeutic
- Oncology, Hematology and/or rare disease experience highly
- Cell therapy experience preferred.
- Understanding of reimbursement across multiple sites of
- Part B (medical benefit) experience preferred.
- Launch experience with a product utilized in the hospital
setting (340B understanding).
- Knowledge of inpatient/outpatient reimbursement dynamics.
- Contracting experience preferred. Skills required
- Deep team leadership experience + ability to manage
- Ability to understand and analyze market data.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary setting,
acting as a creator and facilitator to drive fulfillment of
corporate strategic goals.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate
effectively with people in diverse and different settings.
- Sound organizational skills.
- Possesses sense of urgency; identifies challenges and problems
and takes the initiative to identify solutions.
- Motivates team members; fosters and nurtures teamwork.
- Project management skills and focus on delivery of results.
More About Atara Bio We launched--Atara Biotherapeutics--in August
2012 to help patients with serious diseases and few therapeutic
options. We are considered a leading off-the-shelf T-cell
immunotherapy company (Nasdaq--ATRA) developing novel treatments
for patients with cancer, autoimmune and viral diseases. We're
proud of our team of 400+ Atarians co-located by design in 4
different locations including South San Francisco (corporate
headquarters), Thousand Oaks (R&D and manufacturing
headquarters), Zug, Switzerland (european headquarters) and a
R&D site in the Denver, Colorado area. Our Southern California
hub is anchored by a new 90,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art Atara
T-Cell Operations and Manufacturing (ATOM) facility.
Our mission - "Transform the lives of patients with serious medical
conditions through pioneering science, teamwork, and a commitment
to excellence." Our vision - "T-Cell Immunotherapy for every
patient, any time." Visit www.atarabio.com to learn more.
Atara Bio is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions on the basis of merit and other lawful factors. In
accordance with applicable law, the Company prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to
pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity, expression or dysphoria,
marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran
status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, transgender status or
any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws
or because of the individual's association with a member of a
protected group or connection to an organization or group related
to a protected group.
We comply with all applicable national, state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment
eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and
Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for
Atara Bio in the United States. Thousand Oaks, California
South San Francisco, California
Keywords: Atara Biotherapeutics, Inc., Denver , Director/VP, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!