Wood Department Manager
Company: Floor & Decor Holdings Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Search by job title, location, department, category, etc.
Responsible for achieving sales budgets and providing an
exceptional shopping experience to every customer through
established company guidelines concerning sales, customer service,
and staff training and development.
- Drive, teach and adhere to the P's of retail to include but are
not limited to People, Product, Price, Purchasing, Position,
Presentation, Promotion and Pro Services
- Engage customers and provide a quality shopping experience, and
ensure store associates provide quality customer service
- Strategically merchandize and utilize the company guidelines to
outline merchandising practices.
- Ensure store presentation standards are achieved and
maintained. Guarantee safety and security of customers and
employees by following established guidelines and procedures
regarding loss prevention and risk management.
- Assist the Chief Executive Merchant in supporting, modeling,
and enhancing seamless customer service focus by creating an
environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and quick for
customers and co-workers.
- Work as KCM or Manager on Duty as required
- Conduct weekly competitive shops.
- Communicate pricing and/or inventory issues to the senior
- Analyze and work all business reports in order to be in the
best merchandising, in-stock and pricing position. Reports include
but are not limited to the following:
Profit Los statements (P&L)
Category Performance Report (CPR)
Business Analysis Tool Report (BAT)
Store Purchase Order Analysis Report (STPOA)
Store Price Change Report (STPRC)
- Utilize computer and point of sale systems to maintain accurate
inventory, cycle counts, and profit and loss management, including
shipping and receiving of inventory.
- Ensure brand standards and operating standards meet or exceed
expectations to support brand consistency.
- Interface with corporate headquarters employees.
- Review and assess the performance of associates on a timely
- Train, develop, supervise and define workload of store
associates as appropriate.
- Monitor associate retention and career development, and
communicate improvement efforts to Chief Executive Merchant.
- Address and document unsatisfactory performance and policy
violations of associates through administration of disciplinary
action and performance counseling.
- Ensure compliance to scheduling, hiring, payroll and business
- Monitor, maintain and follow company policies; support company
expectations and systems.
- Perform additional managerial duties as necessary.
- Assist the Chief Executive Merchant in handling store level
human resources or loss prevention issues as necessary.
- Available to open and/or close the store in an effective
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Three to five years retail management experience and proven
ability direct operations.
- Ability to perform in a high volume, highly complex
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated proficiency in recruiting, hiring, and training
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical
- Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment in
managing a fast-paced environment adapting to change with a sense
- Demonstrated ability to increase the company's overall market
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and work well
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS, ENVIRONMENT)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles.
The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to
Physical Work - Ability exert 30 - 60 pounds of force occasionally,
and or 20-30 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry push,
pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to
use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is
frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands,
climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
NOTE: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be
essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to
possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with
disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are
incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not
been included. However, the omission of specific statements of
duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is
similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement
between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by
the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the
-- BENEFITS & REWARDS: Bonus opportunities at every level
Relocation opportunities across the country 401k with discretionary
company match Employee Stock Purchase Plan Referral Bonus Program
Corporate Discount Programs Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other
Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria) --- Floor & Decor
is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal
opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits,
hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel
actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex
stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and
medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or
breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry,
medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status,
citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any
other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to
all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening,
hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion,
layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all
other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy
and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any
associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status
outlined above. Apply Now First Name Last Name Email Email me about
jobs like this Benefits & Rewards
- Bonus opportunities at every level
- Relocation opportunities across the country
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Discount Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans
(subject to eligibility criteria) Fortune's 100 Fastest-Growing
Companies in 2020 Floor & Decor participates in the E-Verify
program in all locations as required by law. To learn more about
E-Verify and your Right to Work, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org. Floor & Decor does not offer goods or
services to, or monitor the online behavior of, EU data subjects.
Therefore, users accessing our website from the EU will experience
Keywords: Floor & Decor Holdings Inc., Denver , Wood Department Manager, Executive , Elizabeth, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!