Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Job Description - Safety Manager (21000039) Safety Manager - (
21000039 ) SUMMARY: The Safety Manager manages all aspects of
regional safety performance and the overall management of
Bergelectric's Work Safe Live Safe program in the region. The
safety manager reports to the Corporate Safety Director and is a
business partner to the Regional Vice President. The safety manager
visits construction projects, offices, prefabrication shops and
other work locations daily to inspect job sites to verify the
Company's safety programs is fully executed. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Provide safety leadership and technical assistance to regional
management team, evaluates safety performance against established
targets and reports on safety performance.
- Participates in the safe planning of work by advising
operations and project managers on contractual and Company safety
requirements. Attends safety meetings and project startup
- Prepares and reviews site safety plans, risk assessment, work
permits, MOPs, and other supporting safety documentation.
- Visits construction projects regularly to perform audits and
inspections, identify any hazards and liabilities, and to ensure
company employees are working in a safe manner and under safe
- Responds to incidents or safety reports from employees,
Foreman, Superintendents, Customers, or other parties. Manages the
Regional Safety Committee to assure appropriate committee
leadership, participation and results.
- Verifies compliance with company policies, OSHA and other
applicable regulatory agency standards. Verifies that safety
paperwork is complete, and logs are maintained.
- Develops safety competencies in supervisors and site safety
personnel and advises of areas where on good practices and
identifies areas for improvement.
- Meets regularly with Foreman, Superintendents, and General
Contractors to identify and correct any safety issues and takes
appropriate corrective actions to correct the problems.
- Manages relationship with client site safety personnel to help
address any future issues.
- Monitors and reports to regional management team on the
completion of safety engagement activities such as safety
observations, safety campaigns, recognition events and incident
reports. Utilizes the Company's designated Safety Systems and
Software for managing incidents, audits/inspections/, observations,
corrective actions and other safety activities as directed.
- Facilitates timely and appropriate level of Investigation and
subsequent review and sharing of information.
- Works cross functionally with regional human resources,
training, procurement, contracts and other functions to coordinate
areas of mutual need.
- Assesses overall training needs of the region and manages
train-the-trainer designations for project level safety personnel.
Provides safety training based on needs to selected personnel.
- 10+ years of experience in the safety field, preferably in the
- Bachelor's degree in Safety Engineering, Safety Management,
Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Health or a related
- Certified Safety Professional, Construction Health and Safety
Technician, Safety Trained Supervisor - Construction, 30 Hour OSHA
Outreach/Trainer, EM-385 Accident Prevention Plans, NPFA 70e, Root
Cause Analysis Training or similar/equivalent safety credentials
and qualifications preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise and working knowledge of safety rules
and regulations including fall protection, silica, confined space,
forklift, and scissor lift operation, trenching, scaffolding,
energy control/LOTO and general construction safety.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills with the
ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with
employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Highly effective presentation and training delivery
- Experience managing responses to incidents and gathering
- Knowledge related to claims management preferred.
- Is a team player - a positive, well-organized, proactive force
to support profit and growth of the company.
- Frequent travel is required for this position.
- Maintains required certifications.
- Promotes overall safety culture and contributes to internal
safety communication, promotions, and campaigns. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Drive for long periods of time.
- Utilize ladders, man lifts or reach booms.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Full squats, stoop or kneeling. WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- This role operates in an active construction and warehouse
- This role operates in a professional office environment and
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
- There may be a variety of weather conditions while on jobsites
such as rain, snow, heat.
- There may be high noise levels while on jobsites. The
information contained in the job description is for compliance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive
list of duties performed by this position. Additional duties are
performed by the individuals currently holding this position and
additional duties may be assigned by the Supervisor or his/her
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Denver , Safety Manager, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!