Director, Property Claims Catastrophe Operations
Location: Manitou Springs
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Purpose of JobThis Director will be responsible for managing
Property Catastrophe Operational response nationwide. The position
will be located in any of our USAA campuses to include San Antonio
Home Office I, Phoenix Campus, Colorado Springs Campus, Tampa
Campus, Tampa Crosstown or will be available to work remotely (100%
Remote Work Environment).
Responsible for the adjustment of auto, property, and physical
damage claims and/or the management of catastrophe operations and
the results achieved. Oversees and coordinates activities of claims
through subordinate management. Responsible for implementation of
claims initiatives and achievement of assigned goals and
objectives. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17
seconds) (31 seconds)JOB DUTIES
- Directs auto, property, and physical damage claims and/or
catastrophe operational activities through subordinate
- Responsible for achievement of assigned goals and
- Plans, organizes, and controls the resources to deliver the
appropriate claims service.
- Ensures compliance with regulations, policies, procedures, and
the fair claims settlement practices act.
- Provides guidance on technical matters, monitors claims
reserves and extends settlement authority.
- Responsible for service, loss control, and loss adjustment
- Identifies trends and develops action plans as
- Responsible for hiring, employee development, coaching,
mentoring, counseling, performance evaluation and all management
related functions while building future capability and developing
next generation leaders.
- Understands, researches, and works to influence the financial
impact for their respective business area.
- Inspires a high performance team that works to deliver
beautiful experiences to the members and achieve exceptional
- Bachelor s Degree; 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 8 or more years of applicable P&C claims experience OR 6
years P&C experience with 3 or more years P&C staff,
process, or manager experience OR 6 years P&C experience with 2
or more years P&C staff, process, or manager experience with
Master's Degree or CPCU designation.*Qualifications may warrant
placement in a different job level*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred
- 4 years Claims Leadership experience.
- Completed Bachelor s degree and pursuit or completion of
advanced degree or insurance designation (i.e. CPCU, AIC).
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in Catastrophe
- Demonstrated ability to analyze contractual policy provisions
in a multi-state environment to provide appropriate guidance and
- Prior experience planning and managing workflow and
- Demonstrated analytical skills to include using available data
in order to perform operational analysis.
- Prior experience collaborating effectively with multiple
- Able and willing to travel to/from major metropolitan cities
and airports as business requires.The above description reflects
the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement) or must have manager s approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/28/20 by
11:59 pm CST time. Associated topics: auto, casualty, claim
adjuster, claim examiner, fraud, insurance, insurance investigator,
investigate, liability adjuster, title examiner
Keywords: USAA, Denver , Director, Property Claims Catastrophe Operations, Executive , Manitou Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!