IT Software Category Manager
Company: Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Position:IT Software Category ManagerJob Description:IT Software
Category ManagerThis individual will be the trusted advisor to the
Global IT organization and facilitate complex, strategic sourcing
initiatives and contract negotiations for the procurement of
(indirect) technology products and services. This individual will
be expected to lead teams of key cross-functional stakeholders
through the strategic sourcing process and leverage Arrow?s
purchasing power to drive measurable commercial improvements. This
individual must be experienced in sourcing and negotiating
enterprise software and support, SaaS and Cloud services
- Lead complex, enterprise-wide sourcing initiatives and contract
- Collaborate on a global level with colleagues in technology,
finance and business roles.
- Conduct market research and maintain a working knowledge of
current business trends including industry changes, cost drivers,
global pricing, market conditions and economic indicators in order
to identify new and/or alternate sources of supply, as needed.
- Conduct ongoing benchmark reviews and perform complex financial
analysis, projections and evaluations of supplier proposals for
existing and new contracts.
- Influence and drive collaboration between cross-functional
stakeholders for the development and execution of enterprise
sourcing strategies to identify cost savings opportunities and
facilitate strong partnerships between Arrow and its strategic
- Act as a liaison between internal stakeholders and vendors to
ensure compliance to sourcing and contracting policies and
- Manage specific supplier relationships and ensure the ongoing
management of performance, quality, cost, contractual commitments,
- Participate in regular supplier business reviews that address
supplier performance, technology roadmaps, business growth
strategies and supply market changes.
- Prepare and give business reviews to senior management
regarding sourcing and contracting progress and actions to
- Bachelor' s degree required with a degree in Finance, Business
Administration or Supply Chain Management, preferred.
- 8+ professional experience in IT Software Sourcing &
- Ability to effectively manage large, complex, strategic
projects with aggressive milestones, significant risk components
and multi-million annual value.
- Experience and success using a structured strategic sourcing
- Highly effective negotiator with an ability to influence
executives both internally and externally.
- Strong organizational awareness, and ability to plan and make
decisions using sound judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications directed at
internal and external parties as well as towards the development of
RFx' s, contract documents and executive presentations.
- Effective leadership and influence through active participation
and facilitation of sourcing projects, contract negotiations,
category strategy development, supplier reviews, executive
briefings and other relevant meetings.
- Proactive and collaborative approach delivering superior
internal client engagement.
- Strong analysis and problem solving capabilities (i.e. analyze
spend data and translate into actionable sourcing strategies).Arrow
is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered
for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
disability status.?(Arrow EEO/AAP
policy)#LI-SS1Location:US-CO-Denver, Colorado (Panorama Arrow
Building)Time Type:Full timeJob Category:Business Support
Keywords: Arrow Electronics, Inc., Denver , IT Software Category Manager, Executive , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!