Assistant Director for Tech Operations & Salesforce
Company: NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR STATE AUTHORIZATION RECIPROCI
Posted on: December 5, 2019
As the Assistent Director of Technical Operations & Salesforce, you
will be responsible for overall technology leadership for the
organization. This includes responding to staff needs through
developing and implementing communications, technological
initiatives and plans that improve organizational effectiveness.
This position manages vendor relationships with multiple outsourced
technology providers for functions including hardware, software,
networking, website, web-based tools, and customer relations
management system (CRM) system, Salesforce.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under limited supervision, coordinates the integration of data,
information and communications systems and serves as the primary
responsible role for new systems development. Provides management,
direction and leadership in managing several outsourced functional
- Responsible for managing vendor relationship for application
support and in-house support Vendor responsibility includes
software, hardware, and networking; "off the shelf" software
installation and configuration; recommendations for systems to
increase efficiency, thereby increasing productivity, security and
organizational effectiveness; repairs and corrects minor technology
malfunctions including modifications and updates to equipment,
software, system and user errors.
- Monitors, evaluates and maintains systems and procedures to
protect data systems and databases. Ensures data backups, computer
backups, system and web backup and redundancy plans. Maintains
record systems, record retention and version control to ensure
- In conjunction with senior staff, negotiates vendor selection
and contracts for hardware and software, including service
- Regularly monitors service level agreements with outsourced IT
service vendors to ensure adherence to contracts.
- Cross training with other staff for website administration and
- Manages vendor relationship for maintaining and updating the
organization's CRM system, Salesforce. Oversees the administration,
updates, tests, logs of system errors, deployment, front and
back-end support updates, training and customization of user
- Working with senior staff, trains employees, regional compact,
and state portal entity staff, including one-one-one webinars on
use of the Salesforce CRM, integrated with other organization
manuals and materials.
- Provides customer service for technical issues on the web-based
portal, as part of a team coordination.
QUALIFICATIONS Qualifications for satisfactory job performance
include a solid knowledge of computer technology, website
development and CRM (Salesforce) administration. To perform this
job successfully, a combination of technical experience, education,
and skills are necessary.
REQUIREMENTS Experience and Education
- A minimum of two years of experience as a Salesforce
administrator. Demonstrated proficiency with website
administration, software applications and technology. Experience
working with higher education or work in a non-profit environment
with technology related position. Bachelor's degree in computer
science or related field.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Requires knowledge of business operations, contracting and
- Skilled at managing multiple projects, tracking and resolving
complex issues as they occur.
- Solid organizational skills with great attention to
- Anticipates, plans and schedules technology training for staff
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in project and data
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and
facilitate user adoption.
- Strong customer focus with orientation to act as the liaison
between users and vendors.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with all
levels of the organization.
- Understands role to support team's technology needs as a
trusted partner and collaborator
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully relate
to stakeholders in order to encourage communication and expedite
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment as well as make
decisions within the scope of assigned authority.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Must be able to travel occasionally. The position
is primarily an administrative position. Must be able to stand,
sit, walk and work on a computer. Must be able to communicate with
stakeholders. Must be able to use sound judgment and decision
making in responsibilities. Complex decision making and
problem-solving skills are necessary. The physical demands
described are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR STATE AUTHORIZATION RECIPROCI, Denver , Assistant Director for Tech Operations & Salesforce, Executive , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!