Civil - Structural Engineer
Company: Donan Engineering
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Location: Denver, COJob ID: 136# of Openings: 1Donan is a
problem-solving playground where innovation and a "make people
first" culture collide to make a business family.Donan is a
nationwide, third-generation engineering firm founded in 1947.
Donan is a leader in the forensic investigation industry with a
diverse service offering that includes Forensic Engineer, Fire
Investigation, Component Testing, UAV Services, and Litigation
Support. For nearly seven decades, clients have turned to us for
first rate expertise, conclusive answers, and superior insights
through innovation. Donan is looking to hire new talent for areas
where we are once again growing and currently has a need for a
full-time Forensic Engineer with Civil or Structural Engineering
experience, to cover our Denver, CO area. This position offers the
opportunity to have your office at home and provides great autonomy
and flexibility. The Forensic Engineer (Civil Structural) is
primarily focused on traveling to perform on-site data collection
and investigative services and delivering a written report of
observations, findings and conclusions to the client. Donan
engineers consistently ensure that the forensic investigations
conform to the quality standards of the firm, follow the scientific
method, and meet the client needs regarding adherence to financial
budget and timeliness of report delivery. Donan's Forensic Engineer
(Civil - Structural) are responsible for:
- Providing expert forensic analysis to clients on an array of
multi-disciplined engineering projects, with an unbiased and honest
- Writing & submitting detailed and accurate reports on completed
projects in a timely manner.
- Communicating and documenting communication with customers to
provide timelines and project updates.
- Providing expert testimony and/or depositions as needed on
projects in which they have been assigned.
- Being available and flexible with their schedule to accommodate
additional hours during periods of peak business demand, and
backlog as deemed necessary.
- Providing excellent customer service to company internal and
- Proactively pursuing additional training and mentoring
opportunities, licenses, education, and/or certification (which are
covered in cost by Donan).
Qualified candidates should have the following to qualify for this
- Actively registered as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the
state in which they are applying. (Multiple active state P.E.
licenses are preferred but not required).
- Have an active NCEES record or be eligible to obtain within six
months of employment.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in related engineering field:
civil, structural, electrical, or mechanical.
- Experience in design, construction, analysis and technical
writing are highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have superior customer service skills, be team oriented and
enjoy service-oriented work.
- Have strong technical writing abilities with experience using
Microsoft Word and proficient with general computer
- Ability to meet all standards for pre-employment physical
- Frequently required to stand on one's feet for prolonged
periods of time.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move objects weighing 50-100
- Frequently required to climb onto first and second story roofs,
ascend/descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc.
- Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or
- Frequently required to drive a vehicle for extended periods of
In addition to a very competitive compensation package, Donan also
offers compensatory pay to our Forensic Engineers and annual
profit-sharing bonus. Donan's total compensation package is
impressive and includes benefits such as:
- Compensatory Paid Time (on average 10-20% of a FE's base salary
- Profit Sharing Bonus (10% of annual salary)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance Coverage
- Company Paid Life Insurance & other supplemental coverages
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- License & Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Company Vehicle, Fleet and Fuel card
- Company Apparel provided annually
- 401(k) matching
To view our current openings and locations, visit our website at .
Donan is an E-Verify participating employer. PI111889885
Keywords: Donan Engineering, Denver , Civil - Structural Engineer, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!