Supv Engineering - Federal (N)
Posted on: July 14, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by
solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
The Supervisor Field Engineering acts as the lead for site surveys
conducted by the Field Engineers. This position will be responsible
for ensuring the accurate development of the Engineering Design
Packages (EDPs) from the Field engineering perspective. Review all
power and HVAC requirements. Review site IRM lists created by FE's
and provide input for the overall bill of material (BoM). Review
the scope of work (SOW) created by FE's and update periodically as
information is added or changed. Interface with subcontractor ISP
installers, project managers, and permit authorities to complete
comprehensive EDPs with sufficient detail to allow future use in
maintenance and new construction activities (including but not
limited to site/room ingress and egress, delivery restrictions,
site PoC's, any installation issues, etc).
- Perform complex tasks, engineering, and installation for ISP
and OSP projects with an emphasis on DC power systems and Hydrogen
Fuel Cell technology.
- Assist with the evaluation of equipment and materials for
assigned projects and recommend network improvements or design
changes when identified as necessary.
- Train the Field Engineering (FE) team in all aspects of the FE
position. Build and maintain a training program.
- Provide functional guidance, supervision, technical support,
training, and quality assurance/control as required or
- Create and review technical documentation as required or
- Provide Tier II support during initial implementation phases
and for operational issues after implementation is complete.
- Provide engineering input for design packages prior to final
approval. Perform quality control of drawings and As-Builts
prepared by computer-aided design (CAD) personnel.
- Create, edit and maintain all FE procedures, checklists and
- Conduct periodic quality control visits to sites after an
install to insure corporate and industry standards are followed.
Make running line changes in accordance with (IAW) corporate
- Analyze Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) traces,
evaluate characteristics of fiber, and document test results.
- Engage with the customer and subcontractors to facilitate
upgrade projects and augments to the network.
- Act as the FE Team lead for COMSEC related processes and
- Create work tickets, perform required site coordination
processes, and complete required documentation to perform
- Work closely with corporate Field Operations Personnel (FOPS)
to ensure the timely completion of projects.
- Respond in a timely manner to requests for information or
documentation related to the network.
- Perform ISP installation work as required to include equipment
installation, fiber/copper cabling and termination, fiber splicing,
and AC/DC power termination.
- Perform other duties as assigned,
- Associate's degree and five years experience or Bachelor's
degree and two years experience preferred. Degrees with technical
- Experience with implementing and sustaining wide area networks
is required to include installation, troubleshooting, and
documentation with an emphasis on DC power and Hydrogen Fuel Cell
- Experience with hardware engineering is preferred.
- Applicable BICSI and other applicable industry certifications
- Knowledge of physical, operational, and communication security
processes and procedures is required.
- Experience with COMSEC procedures and handling COMSEC
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top
- At least 25% travel will be required.
- The responsibilities of this position may grow or change as the
network or contract changes over time.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver
Requisition #: 213882
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Denver , Supv Engineering - Federal (N), Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!