Sr Engineer - Federal (N)
Posted on: July 14, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by
solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
The candidate would perform a wide variety of evaluation,
maintenance, installation, testing, training, documentation,
measures of performance, and accountability tasks related to both
Quality Assurance (QA) /Quality Control (QC) of the Program
Network, and Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technology. These tasks are to
ensure each facet of performance meets the customers' requirements.
Travel will be a major component of this position, as will
associated training enabling the candidate to retain and execute
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience installing,
maintaining, testing, documenting, and troubleshooting
telecommunications equipment and systems, both Inside Plant (ISP),
and Outside Plant (OSP).
- Have the ability to interpret, redline, and critique Methods of
Procedure (MOP's), Engineering Design Packages (EDP's), and
associated As-Builts for the purpose of Quality Assurance (QA) and
Quality Control (QC) on a by site and network level.
- Must be able to learn new technologies which continually change
due to network additions or upgrades to meet the customers'
- Must be able to work independently in the field and
address/engineer on the spot solutions, or provide recommendations
concerning installations, alarming, wiring, DC power, measures of
performance, troubleshooting, and accurately document
actions/observations on site.
- Must be able to follow established SOP's, Procedures,
Guidelines, Policies, Processes, and Standards.
- Will be involved working with Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technology,
and associated equipment, fuel infrastructure, compressed air
infrastructure, software/firmware, documentation and testing of
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical activities to
include, but not limited to: moving objects weighing at least fifty
- Must be able to work well with others to achieve a common goal,
foster a cooperative climate with co-workers, and poses good
communication and social skills.
- Must have work experience and knowledge with related
Telecommunications tools, test sets/kits, and materials to include,
but not limited to: power meters, multi-meters, fiber splicing,
fiber optic testing, fiber optic cleaning, ISP installation,
maintaining of equipment, troubleshooting, and others.
- Must have prior computer work experience with, but not limited
to: Microsoft Office, Visio, and be able to write procedures,
produce MOP's, update EDP's, update As-Builts, and provide end of
day site visit forms.
- A Minimum of Five (5) years of Experience in Telecommunications
Field Installation and Test and Turn Up (TTU).
- Familiarity with Hardened Electronics and Radiation Technology
protective measures is highly desired.
- Exceptional Telecommunications Troubleshooting Skills
- Exceptional Communications Skills required.
- Able to work independently and in a multi-disciplined team
- DC or AC Power experience desired.
- BICSI Certification in ISP a plus.
- Writing Skills desired.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, like discipline, or
- US Citizenship Required
- Active TS/SCI
- Must maintain eligibility for access to classified
Requisition #: 211762
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver
Requisition #: 211762
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Denver , Sr Engineer - Federal (N), Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!