Platform Security Engineer
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Ibotta is looking for a Platform Security Engineer to develop
software and processes to protect our savers' privacy. As part of
the Security team, you will work with Data, Infrastructure, and IT
Security experts to ensure Ibotta is a good steward of our savers'
data. Are you driven to secure applications and systems? Do you
have a passion for evangelizing security best practices. We're
looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a real passion for
building and scaling secure systems and applications, using
technologies such as Ruby on Rails, Spark with Scala, AWS Lambda
Android, etc. Every engineer has input into our product process and
will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Provide security consultation to feature development
- Perform Code Reviews with an eye to security when
- Integrate Secure development practices into our SDLC
- Build security oriented automated integration tests
- Manage third party security partners including bug bounty
programs and pen testers
- Drive a culture of DevSecOps throughout the Technology
- Open Source Vulnerability management
Here is what we're looking for:
- Advanced user of the Linux operating system
- Experience with Version Control software (e.g., RCS, SVN, Git,
- Experience with systems and network security, including
penetration tools, exploits, and attacks
- Experience with PCI-DSS, SOC 2, SOX, GDPR, WebTrust, etc.
- Experience with industry standard security and compliance
automation, such as SCAP/XCCDF/Oval
- Strong background in Agile development and secure SDLC
- Superior organizational and communications skills
Here are some of the traits that we seek in great engineers:
- love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- look for ways to continually challenge yourself and develop as
- understand that communication is a huge part of your software
engineering responsibility and practice it daily
- respect diverse perspectives and like collaborating with other
engineers to solve hard problems
- understand that delivering products incrementally helps provide
more value to the business
- trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate.
You are not afraid to voice your opinions, but you are okay with
not always being right
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free app
that's transforming the shopping experience by making every
purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and
retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel,
electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out,
and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings,
and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its
Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded
shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here:
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit
Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive
pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k,
commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States on a full-time basis.
Keywords: Ibotta, Denver , Platform Security Engineer, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!