Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Are you a seasoned, passionate DevOps professional who is ready for
your next startup adventure? Do you know AWS like the back of your
hand? Does the excitement of building resilient systems get you up
in the morning? If so, you might be a fit for Tendril. We're a
growing, dynamic energy analytics and intelligence company based in
beautiful Boulder, Colorado looking for a DevOps leader with deep
and broad experience who can help us continue our transformation to
a distributed DevOps culture, take our SRE practice to the next
level, and spearhead our ongoing commitment to use best-in-class
AWS technologies as a business accelerant.
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to help us
improve and advocate for the quality of our engineering and
operational environments. As a member of the engineering team, you
will be the subject matter expert and authority for the company on
keeping our services fast, highly-available, easily
deployable, well-monitored, and growing worldwide. You will also be
a critical part in building and scaling our internal toolset to
keep our engineering community moving quickly and safely as they
build our software products.
Our Tech Stack
- 100% AWS Hosted (EC2, Kinesis, SNS/SQS, Lambda, Etc.)
- Infrastructure Automation
- RDS, Redshift, and DynamoDB data stores
- Datadog Metrics/Logging, NewRelic APM, PagerDuty alerting
- Early-stage CI/CD with GitHub, Cloudbees, and AWS Tools
What You Get to Do
In this key role, you will lead us in best practices around
deployment and operation of our systems,instrumenting key parts of
the architecture, and guiding other engineers to do the same. You
must becomfortable with software development, systems
configuration, and defining infrastructure-as-code. You will
contribute to and influence the architecture of our systems to
ensure the application and deployment
processes are aligned to provide a highly available, scalable,
Responsibilities will include:
- Working to design, build, and maintain critical systems.
- Improving upon our existing tools and processes to enable a
- Monitoring site stability, performance, and security.
- Driving the effort to create and improve automation for
- Improving deployment, scalability, and management of our
- Championing the implementation of processes to improve
visibility across the entire technology stack.
- Documenting system design and procedures.
What You Bring to Tendril:
- A drive to collaborate with other engineers to develop and
communicate software development processes that continuously
improve the ease of development and quality of our products.
- Architect level expertise with AWS services.
- A principled approach to building software and internal tooling
that balances creative disruption and pragmatism.
- A holistic understanding of high-volume REST-style API traffic
flows and the ability to diagnose and resolve issues as they occur
at all levels of an application stack.
- In-depth experience with running and troubleshooting Linux and
Docker in a production environment.
- Production experience with container orchestration (Mesos,
- Command of object-oriented and functional programming
principles in languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Scala.
- NoSQL and Relational database experience.
- Understanding of fundamental technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP,
- Production level experience with configuration management tools
such as Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt.
- Experience implementing test automation and Continuous
Integration / Continuous Deployment.
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance,
and disaster recovery.
- Intellectual curiosity that motivates you to keep on top of
- Experience with Chaos Engineering techniques and tools
- Strong understanding of SRE concepts such as Error Budgets,
SLOs, Toil, etc…
What Make Working at Tendril Amazing:Our people make Tendril great.
We are a company of super stars working together on interesting
things and achieving exceptional results. Each one of us
contributes to our strong company culture, led by a visionary yet
tactical management team. Tendril offers our people the chance to
grow professionally while working with colleagues they like and
respect on work that stretches their brains and grows their skills.
We are connected by a desire to innovate and a mission to help the
environment by changing the behaviors of energy consumers.
We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family
events and adult parties. We contribute to the community, we
volunteer, and we mentor. Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits,
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer
- An innovative and flexible paid time off policy;
- A generous 401(k) plan;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas,
snacks, and adult beverages;
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and
developers, product managers and support reps, who sit
shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging
Keywords: Tendril, Denver , Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!