Senior Data Engineer
Company: Pandora Media Inc.
Posted on: June 20, 2019
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world's
largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely
positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering
the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences
to millions of listeners - in the car, at home and on the go. Our
talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the
forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our
current openings below and at www.SiriusXM.com/careers.
Data engineers at Pandora are responsible for the services and
infrastructure capable of processing and making available the
extensive volume of data produced on its platform each day. Data
Engineers build the infrastructure needed to enable analysts and
scientists to query and author data products that operate against
our largest collections (billions of events per day). At Pandora
the data team supports a variety of business functions including
our science, marketing, product, finance and sales teams. You
should have a solid understanding of Java software development, and
take personal responsibility for testing the code you write. You
should have strong academic credentials and a degree in Computer
Science or a related field. You should be enthusiastic about
learning new technologies and skills. You must be capable of
managing your time well and working collaboratively. Excellent
communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
* 5+ years development experience focused on data or analytics
engineering working with big data technologies (Hadoop: i.e.
MapReduce, HDFS, Tez, Hive, Spark)
* Experience with one of the following distributed databases:
MySQL, Postgres, Redis, NoSQL or NewSQL
* Experience developing in one of the following: Java, Scala,
C/C++, or Python
* Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms,
developing scalable, multithreaded server side software for
* Experience developing SQL applications of significant
* Experience developing service oriented
architectures/orchestration including the support of data
* Experience with API design/development (i.e. RPC, REST, JSON)
* Significant experience unit testing with frameworks i.e.
* Experience collaborating with data scientists, exposure to
machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling
* Experience with anomaly detection, recommender, or search
* Experience with Apache Spark and Kafka.
* Experience working across the full technology stack
* BA/BS or above in Computer Science or a related field
\\"We're considering candidates for multiple positions and levels.
Successful candidates will be placed at appropriate level depending
on their qualifications or experience.\\"
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an
equal employment employer and considers qualified applicants
without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are
encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Pandora Media Inc., Denver , Senior Data Engineer, Engineering , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!