Company: Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC
Posted on: January 15, 2019
TITLE: NETWORK ENGINEER
LOCATION: ENGLEWOOD, CO
My client is looking for an individual who will be a key member of the team responsible for qualifying the next generation of video products. This team is responsible for testing video products at all stages of the development cycle, from proof of concept to production. The person in this position should have intimate knowledge of video equipment and the supporting systems that enable a terrific experience for our customers. This person will work with architecture, development and deployment teams to make sure that the product is integrated, feature-complete, stable and ready for market.
Candidate should have experience with digital video set-top box QA testing. The candidate will have experience reading requirements, developing test plans, run tests, document bugs and test results. In addition, have the skills and background to troubleshoot any discovered issue and follow up with development and engineering. Experience should include applications such as Program Guides, DVR, Pay-Per-View, Video on Demand, Parental Controls, Caller ID and STB diagnostics.
· Troubleshoot key video infrastructure components
· Basic operation of DAC/DNCS network controllers
· Basic CMTS operation
· Video CPE provisioning
· Video CPE features : VOD PPV EAS DVR
· Be familiar with key technologies with DOCSIS 2.0 & 3.0 as well as DSG
· Be able to validate test plans, execute test cases, record and report the results.
· Understand and troubleshoot IP networking protocols, IPv4 and IPv6
· Understanding of consumer video technologies MPEG2, MPEG4, HDMI, HDCP.
· Familiar with Video over IP
· Familiar with DOCSIS 3.1
· Familiar with EBIF and its applications
· Basic automation scripting skills using Ruby
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION
· Contribute to the Company vision of being the industry leader in customer service through quality, commitment, courtesy and teamwork.
· Responsible for testing, evaluation, integration and configuration of video platforms.
· Work in a close knit team environment as well as work independently
· Design, create, debug, execute and debug automatic test scripts.
· Ability to accomplish activities related to system design, equipment configuration and installation, integration, testing and service validation prior to deployment.
· Administer key Linux based systems in a video and data infrastructure.
· Document daily activities in Jira
· Be able to prioritize daily activity based on the needs of the business.
· Document activities and escalations through an issue tracking system.
· Develop documentation related to design and proper configuration of system components.
· Troubleshoot and analyze transport, networking and software configurations.
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because they inquired about, discussed, or disclosed compensation. Email recruitinghelp @ disys.com to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Keywords: Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC, Denver , Network Engineer, Engineering , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!