Senior Optical Engineer, Polarization & Test
Company: Magic Leap, Inc
Posted on: January 15, 2019
The Senior Optical Engineer must have experience with lens, prism, and polarization components including LCoS panels, wave-plates, and polarizers. Design experience with polarization modeling, testing and test equipment. Also familiarity with projector brightness, contrast, light scattering, and color engineering. Designs, executes, and tests to collect statistically significant data to define technical specifications and product requirements. Candidate must be able to complete product sub-assemblies within a given project time frame.
* Assist team of talented optical, electrical and software engineers with product development and design improvement efforts.
* Supports projects as a hands-on contributor using technical and administrative skills to oversee and complete engineering projects
* Responsible for researching, planning, and designing electro-optical products and systems.
* Accomplishes and coordinates activities involved in design, fabrication, operation, application, testing, and production.
* Establish, direct, and conduct component and system verification and validation tests
* Performs engineering work and applies engineering principles developing, modifying designs, testing, and metrology of components and sub systems.
* 7+ years experience in designing, modeling and testing of projection or display systems.
* Experience with test and metrology needed to put display systems into production.
* Familiar with a variety of illumination sources and design concepts: lasers, flash lamps, LEDs, halogen source.
* Capable of optical system alignment, critical analysis, troubleshooting, testing and characterization.
* Proven track record of leadership, project organization and innovation.
* Demonstrated creativity, analytical and problem-solving skills.
* BS degree in Optical Physics, Physics, or related engineering field is required.
* MS degree in Optical Physics, Physics, or related engineering field is preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Analytical Design analysis for contrast, polarization state, uniformity, and light scattering. Analysis of high quality imaging systems is required. Design of experiment and testing of optical components. Working with vendors on specifications and test setups.
* Design - Translates concepts and information into detailed optical designs for polarization and contrast optimization. Tester design and development for polarization components in particular is desired.
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
* All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Keywords: Magic Leap, Inc, Denver , Senior Optical Engineer, Polarization & Test, Engineering , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!