Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Company: MKS Instruments
Posted on: January 15, 2019
The Manufacturing Engineer (EE) must be a qualified person who supports existing manufacturing processes as well as develops innovative manufacturing processes for new products. The duties of this position will be to improve quality and develop and improve new and existing manufacturing processes.
* Provides Manufacturing with processes, tooling, fixtures, assembly aids, etc., by improving quality and manufacturability of GP products.
* Develops and documents the methods and process specifications required for fabrication and assembly of GP products.
* Initiates and sometimes constructs tooling, fixtures, and assembly aids.
* Recommends and installs necessary process improvements to reduce manufacturing costs while maintaining and/or increasing the quality and reliability of assigned products.
* Assists Purchasing in technical matters pertaining to vendor evaluation, selection, and sharing manufacturing technology.
* Reviews, approves, and implements ECR s and ECO s for new and existing products.
* Resolves fabrication and assembly problems requiring technical solutions.
* Performs analyses on defects.
* Assists the Manufacturing Team in the design of product line layouts, workstation layouts, equipment and material flow layouts, and stock storage.
* Selects and installs new production equipment.
* Evaluates newly designed products, customs, and specials with regard to manufacturability.
* Oversees the building of production prototypes for new and custom products in the development stages of the projects.
* Maintains production equipment and configures it for new products; maintains and upgrades existing test equipment and fixturing.
* Performs other tasks as may be assigned by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* BS degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Technology.
* 5+ years plus experience
* Ability to troubleshoot analog and digital circuits down to board level.
* Experience in printed circuit board assembly manufacturing processes.
* Background in Electronic Test Fixture Design.
* Strong skills in computer software including MS WORD, EXCEL and ACCESS. Must have strong background in programming. Experience with Labview.
* Must be able to work in a team environment
* Programming - LabView, SQL, PLC Logic
Other skills which would be attractive in addition to the electronic and programming skill sets would be:
* M-CAD and/or E-CAD type skills would be a plus.
* Machining experience and ability to read and understand mechanical drawings.
* Project management skills.
* Vacuum Experience.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Keywords: MKS Instruments, Denver , Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!