Company: Advanced Technology Group
Posted on: January 12, 2019
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Author, implement and measure design control procedures, performance of department personnel and continuous improvement initiatives for NQA-1, ASME BPVC, and commercial production systems.
- Monitor and verify engineering outputs (designs and analyses) as required to ensure consistency, accuracy, quality and timeliness.
- Establish schedules, generate design control plans and determine staffing for the phases of each project and assign department personnel and arrange sub-contracted engineering as needed.
- Confer with project management staff to determine scope of work, outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities and scope of responsibility.
- Direct and coordinate activities of departmental personnel to ensure each project progresses on schedule and within the prescribed budget.
- Provide direct support for proposal development as well as contract and bid reviews.
- Manage departmental costs.
- Coordinate activities of engineering staff with all other departments to support fabrication.
- Prepare reports, records and correspondence on departmental activities.
- Meet with internal and external customers to facilitate engineering activities, obtain feedback for planning department activities, and determine status of work in progress and customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate, develop and implement procedures and practices for optimum quality, throughput and profitability to achieve company goals.
- Participate in and lead Lean improvement projects, meetings, and Value Stream Mapping events.
- Coordinate with IT to ensure computer and phone equipment needs of team members are met.
- Recruit and perform evaluations/reviews for direct reports.
- Train direct reports and subcontractors in ATG processes, procedures, and standard practices.
- Administrate and maintain Solidworks CAD system (licenses, templates, modeling practices, PDM vault, etc.)EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering though candidates with equivalent professional experience may be considered.
- At least 3 years in a supervisory or management role.
- Working knowledge of NQA-1 Quality System, ASME pressure vessel and piping codes is preferred.
- Experience in a Lean environment (and associated formal training) is highly desirable.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Professional Engineering license preferred.
Springs Fabrication - Advanced Technology Group (ATG) is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our specialized engineering group, serving a wide range of manufacturing markets. We need a collaborative, hands-on leader that is up to the challenge of utilizing their strong management, strategic and tactical skills in a rapidly changing industry where standards are high, the pace is fast and manufacturing excellence is our top priority. Do you fit the bill? Take this elite opportunity to work in an exciting environment!
THE PREMIER RESOURCE FOR THE DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE OF ENGINEERED METAL PRODUCTS
[Eng Mgr- ATG-2]
Keywords: Advanced Technology Group, Denver , Engineering Manager, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!