Posted on: December 7, 2018
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Implementation Engineer II
The Implementation Engineer's role is to engineer where, how and what fibers to splice for specific projects and locations based on the needs of customers. Prepares, plans and specifications, including gathering field data for all projects. Responsible for assembling, organizing and maintaining CTL GIS, Records and Fiber Management team. Manage Fiber usage and assignments. Responsible for creating, modifying, researching and maintaining various types of drawings, maps, and records for CTL using the required workstation and software. Interface with other areas of department, company and customers to identify and resolve issues. Proof read, track, manage, decipher and input route, cable, splice, site, power and fiber information into NX, NDS and TIRKs. Position requires strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication as well as flexibility. Must be able to plan, coordinate, and analyze data. This position requires strong organizational skills, verbal and written communication as well as high degree of flexibility, attention to detail, and the ability to learn new tasks. Must be flexible and able to work independently as well as within a team environment. Handles all customer contacts, works with internal and external customers to make sure their design meets the job requirements and the customer's needs.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform job functions with little day-to-day input and with minimal manager guidance. Responsibilities include oversight of other Engineer I and Engineer II employees with regards to work formation, audit development, organization of documentation, and management of all paper work. Engineer II must be able to perform the following functions: analyze and interpret audit sheet and drawings from multiple sources; methods of procedure for step-by-step use in using NX, NDS and TIRKS. This position may require travel to job locations. Candidate should have 4-5 years relevant experience in telecom, outside plant, records and or Fiber as described above.
- Includes the following...other related functions may be assigned.
- Engineer Complex Design Splice design packages for field - determine where, how and what fibers to splice for specific projects
- Add/Modify and maintain information to NX, NDS and TIRKs
- Identify and resolve all drawing related discrepancies using documentation as well as calling field to gather information
- Work with little or no supervision, self-decision making skills, must be able to make judgment calls and decisions without input
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Follow standards set by Fiber Management Department
- Maintain and organize workstation as well as field and contract documentation, includes filing jobs and maintaining files and tracking reports.
- Learn and apply new information quickly and effectively
- Serve as a positive and supportive team member, must exhibit integrity, self-motivation, initiative and problem solving abilities
- Interface with other departments and organizations in a positive and solution oriented manner
- Ensure documentation reflects the actual plant and assets of the network
- Work directly with other team members as well as manager to insure a productive and positive work environment. May need to lead a team of contractors to assist in adding data to NDS and TIRKs. Train other Engineers as needed
- 2-3 years of Outside Plant knowledge or GIS experience or Fiber/Records Experience
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills required, including experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, etc.).
- GIS background very helpful
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with FireWorks/BidMaster, NDS, NX and other CenturyLink proprietary systems preferred.
- Mapping and CAD experience a plus
- ESRI and ArcGIS preferred
Masters or Equivalent
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition #: 207524
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Denver , ENGINEER II, Engineering , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!