Quality Engineer 2
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: November 9, 2018
JOB TITLE: Quality Engineer 2
Location: Lakewood CO
Duration: Direct hire
Pay: $85,000/annually plus bonus
Kelly Services is seeking a talented Quality Engineer for a customer in Lakewood CO.
Work requires independent evaluation, selection and application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment and ingenuity in making minor adaptations and modifications. Assignments include equipment design and development, tests of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparation and other activities of limited scope. Duties are assigned to provide experience and familiarization with engineering methods, independent thinking, and company practices and policies.
- Resolve issues that require troubleshooting and problem solving skills and demonstrate ability to investigate, perform root cause analysis, and implement corrective and/or preventative actions.
- Provides specification, procurement, installation, start-up, and commissioning activities for manufacturing equipment, facilities areas, and process utilities systems.
- Manages projects including development of project scope and estimates, initiation of requests for capital when required, specification of equipment and installation requirements, management of costs to budget, and support of IQ/OQ and final documentation in accordance with acceptable engineering practices.
- Conducts studies and makes recommendations for the purchase and implementation of new technologies, practices, tools, and equipment to maximize site effectiveness.
- Prepares and reviews engineering/technical documents such as reports, SOP's, protocols, schedules and budgets, and vendor provided documents and drawings.
- Ensures that process and equipment designs are compliant with all Company policies and procedures as well as all Local, State, and Federal directives, laws and regulations.
- Provides work direction to engineering support staff.
- Takes initiative and demonstrates inquisitive approaches to solve moderately complex problems, indentifying problems, generating alternatives and recommending solutions.
- Follows department processes and regularly makes recommendations on these processes.
- Follows technical specification requirements, developing reports, charts and graphs to support project recommendations and responds to questions from technical staff members and management.
- Works cooperatively and effectively in a team environment or across teams to achieve common goals and results.
- Analyzes data and presents it in appropriate forums.
- Actively participates in Quality System and Good Laboratory Practice requirements, particularly with respect to documentation.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work assignments may require additional development and a maturing or broadening of in-depth engineering skill(s).
- May work with manufacturing and other functional groups on manufacturing and regulatory compliance issues.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience.
- Two years of GMP manufacturing experience required.
- Requires demonstrated skills in technical innovation, technical leadership, mechanical and or chemical engineering, fluids engineering, and cellular biology.
- Requires interactive skills in cross-functional participation and influence, mentoring and acceptance of guidance, technical leadership, project management, coordination with cross-functional team members, team behavior, provides support for subordinates, junior engineers, technicians, and management.
- Mechanical and electronic ability and aptitude to assist with equipment trouble-shooting.
- Interfaces with staff, suppliers, and external subject matter experts to resolve technical issues and train and provide work direction to operators and production service technicians.
- Understanding of and adherence to GMP practices and FDA regulations.
- Knowledge and ability to implement FDA or regulatory requirements as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
Qualified candidates should email resume and references for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kelly Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Why Kelly--?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Denver , Quality Engineer 2, Engineering , Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!